PDA

View Full Version : Need two more sit down meals. Any suggestions?

homeschool mom
03-02-2010, 03:46 PM
After posting on another topic that we never buy the DP, DH decided we will buy it this time! I never know what that man is going to do! :blush:
Anyway...we have 6 counter service meals for our upcoming trip. I have already booked Hoop Dee Doo which requires 2, 50s Prime Time for DD's 16th birthday dinner, and Crystal Palace for breakfast. Can you suggest 2 more for me? We don't really care for any more character meals and aren't into exotic foods like I would expect at the countries in Epcot. We have eaten at Coral Reef and Boma and done just about every character meal at least once. I'm just looking for some fresh ideas.

RedSoxFan
03-02-2010, 03:59 PM
We've enjoyed our dinners at Raglan Road, Mama Melrose, Big River & Brewing Works and LeCellier. Raglan Road & Mama Melrose are my top 2 choices.

Scar
03-02-2010, 04:12 PM
...we have 6 counter service meals for our upcoming trip. I have already booked Hoop Dee Doo which requires 2, 50s Prime Time for DD's 16th birthday dinner, and Crystal Palace for breakfast.Hopefully this is a typo, as the restaurants you have listed are Table Service, not Counter Service.

I say try Biergarten. It is not exotic, in fact I don't think any of the restaurants are exotic. Some may serve an exotic dish here or there, but you can find regular food on almost all of the menus.

crltkcagle
03-02-2010, 05:05 PM
My kids love Whispering Canyon! Especially when they ask for ketchup or drink refills! Another great one is Ohana's! I have never eaten at cape may or garden grill (we will on our upcoming trip) but I heard both of those were great too! Have you thought about eating at the restaurant where you are staying? We are going to dine at Boatwrights too because we are staying at PO.

Jared
03-02-2010, 05:46 PM
Consider trying Kona Cafe at the Polynesian. The fare is tasty but relatively basic, and it is often possible to snag a reservation even during the busiest season. It also offers some of the best appetizers and desserts on property.

I also really like Kouzzina on the BoardWalk and Yak & Yeti in Animal Kingdom, but those may be too ethnic or exotic for your tastes.

I hear wonderful things about Grand Floridian Cafe as well, and the menu seems fairly standard.

Enjoy!

olivegirl
03-02-2010, 06:53 PM
If you love great Italian food..........Tutto Italia in Italy at World Showcase in Epcot is the best!!! :thumbsup:

JenniferS.
03-02-2010, 06:54 PM
Kona Cafe, Whispering Canyon, Mama Melrose, Planet Hollywood are all great!

SBETigg
03-02-2010, 07:51 PM
Grand Floridian Cafe is a great choice. Raglan Road is also very good. You might enjoy Le Cellier if you can get a table.

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-02-2010, 08:46 PM
Some of our favourites are Rose & Crown and Bietergarten ... both are yummy, great atmosphere and pretty "normal" food.

We do both almost every trip :thumbsup:

Captain_Nemo
03-02-2010, 08:58 PM
Ohana, and if you want exotic Marrakesh in Moroco may be as exotic as it comes :mickey:

Captain_Nemo
03-02-2010, 09:01 PM
Also a must everytime I go is San Angel Inn in Mexico (esp. if you get a table right on the water) :cloud9:

homeschool mom
03-02-2010, 09:20 PM
Thank you all for the great suggestions. We decided to go with Rainforest Cafe since we haven't been there in about 10 years and it looks like they have an extensive menu. I tried to get a dinner at Le Cellier, but they were all booked. DH decided another character breakfast would be good so I'm going to look into Chef Mickey's. We have been there several times and really enjoy it.

WDW Addict
03-03-2010, 10:16 AM
Chef Mickey's has a great breakfast buffett and there are lots of characters....this is by far out favorite character breakfast in WDW. Enjoy! :thumbsup:

MississippiDisneyFreak
03-03-2010, 04:08 PM
LeCellier at Epcot, Raglan Road at DTD and Ohanas-Poly would be some good choices

pamickeys
03-03-2010, 04:19 PM
at this date you can probably forget about Chef mickeys, we're staying there and can't get a res.The only thing that we had that was any good at Rainforest (in AK) was a cocktail.

luvdiznee
03-03-2010, 05:36 PM
WCC and Ohana' :mickey:

bruin1344
03-03-2010, 07:28 PM
My favorites are Lecellier, Teppan Edo, Cape May, and Rose & Crown.

zcrsdad
03-06-2010, 01:11 AM
We decided to go with Rainforest Cafe s...

Rainforest Cafe is not on the dining plan...

homeschool mom
03-06-2010, 11:38 AM
Rainforest Cafe is not on the dining plan...

I wondered about that when I made the ADR since it is outside of AK. Thanks for telling me so I have time to make another ADR.

eandrsmom
03-07-2010, 07:51 AM
I've always found the Grand Floridian cafe to be very good, and not often mentioned. You might want to check it out, we've always been pleased when we've eaten there.

Superzeus84
03-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Ohana
Le Cellier
Sanaa

DizMom416
03-07-2010, 10:16 AM
Donalds Safari breakfast at AK is a very good character meal, The Wave, Tony's at MK, Sci Fi are good choices and not "exotic" at all.

cantgetenoughdisney
03-08-2010, 12:10 PM
If you have children, and depending on their ages, although my 16 year old daughter loved it, the character breakfast at Hollywood and Vine was very energetic and fun. They have JoJo and Goliath, and the Einsteins. The food was typical breakfast buffet which we like at Disney World, but the atmosphere was lots of fun. Just a thought.