PDA

View Full Version : 1st time buying AP have Questions

luvDaMouse
03-02-2010, 08:18 AM
My trip is on May 21st if I purchase an AP now does it go into effect immediatly? Or do pay now and activate it when I go to a park? Is it a hard plastic card or paper? Never had one or have seen one how does it work? :confused: I have another trip scheduled for Dec and will most likely go again next May so I figure getting an AP would make the most sense!
Thanks for all your help:rocks:
Dana

BigRedDad
03-02-2010, 08:48 AM
your purchase is only a voucher. It does not start until you turn the voucher in and get the AP activated. I am not sure, but I have read that it is plastic similar to that of an insurance card. Sort of flexible and almost indestructible.

disneymom15
03-02-2010, 09:31 AM
It is some type of paper, quite strong though. We've never had any problems with the card not lasting. I wish they were plastic, would make a nicer keepsake.

faline
03-02-2010, 09:43 AM
You would pay now and receive a voucher in the mail. When you go to Disney World, you will go to Guest Relations at one of the parks or Downtown Disney to activate your pass. The voucher you received will be exhanged for a paper ticket. You will get a pass protector to put your pass in. Generally, this will include a list of the current passholder benefits. Your one year will begin effective the date you exchange the voucher for the pass.

Keep in mind, if your room reservation is based on an annual pass discount, you will need to have your activated annual pass with you when you check in.