PDA

View Full Version : Can we still visit the Poly?

one2goofy
03-02-2010, 07:38 AM
We are staying off property 1 night before our cruise. Is it possible to drive and park at the Poly to walk around, enjoy Kona Cafe or Captain Cook's for dinner and stay to watch the fireworks? I assume we will have to pay to park....

I want to get the correct answers before I let my DD's know the plan!

Thanks!

SBETigg
03-02-2010, 08:06 AM
I believe that if you're a visitor to the Poly, you can get a three hour parking pass. If you plan on being there for more than three hours, you will have to park at the TTC and walk over from there, perhaps? I'm not really sure. But you can visit any WDW resort even if you're not staying there. Sounds like a wonderful evening.

BigRedDad
03-02-2010, 08:50 AM
You can get a temporary parking pass. The thing we did was valet. That way there is no issue on how long you stay.

faline
03-02-2010, 09:45 AM
You can park for free with a visitor parking pass but it is time limited. There is a charge if you valet park - I believe that's around $12.

Polynesian Dweller
03-02-2010, 11:04 AM
You can get a temporary parking pass for 3 hours. Regardless of whether you use valet or self parking 3 hours is the limit for non-resort guests. After that your car may be removed at the hotel's discretion.

There is a walkway from the TTC and there is also a walkway from the main parking lot. It's directly opposite the Poly entrance and has a crosswalk.

KylesMom
03-02-2010, 11:42 AM
Regardless of whether you use valet or self parking 3 hours is the limit for non-resort guests. After that your car may be removed at the hotel's discretion. Interesting, I did not realize that we were on the clock when utilizing valet at $12 plus tip at the resorts for dining and recreational activities. Why would they say "$12 per day" when they mean "$12 for 3 hours"? !!!

To the O/P, you are more than welcome to visit and dine at any of the Disney resorts. We do this frequently - some of our favorite restaurants are located at the Poly, CR and WL. Have a great time!

Polynesian Dweller
03-02-2010, 12:17 PM
$12 per day means for that calendar day not 24 hours. It's for the number of hours you are allotted for that day, resort guests 24 hours others 3 hours. Remember, hotels take care of their resort guest first so if enough resort guests come along to fill all valet spots then they will get one and a 3 hour permit would be moved. That's the principle all hotels work on, guests of the hotel have priority to the hotel's services.

ThanxForNoticin
03-02-2010, 12:33 PM
We've gone to Poly for dinner and fireworks several times when not staying there. In general, you'll have a 3-hour time limit if you self-park since they want the spaces freed as much as possible for resort guests. We've also used valet there and were told there is no time limit. In fact, I don't think we've ever been asked by the valet if we're even staying at the resort. I expect if it's a very busy time of year and the valet is being used heavily, they might ask how long you're expecting to be there. But in general, valet parking is paying to park, and there is no limit posted anywhere by Disney.