PDA

View Full Version : Getting round Disney

Tikibacca
03-02-2010, 04:35 AM
Ok my friend might be stayin at a resort with the monorail there. Myself and couple others wont be , but can we jump on the monorail with him or is that specifically for guests at hotel only ?? We all will have the 5 day park hopper, but we are stayin at other different hotels that are not connected to disney . ? Also any recommendations for hotels that u can have good view of that boat light parade or even fireworks at nite ?

BigRedDad
03-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Anyone, even people not staying on property, can use the Monorail. It is basically a free attraction if you want to look at it that way.

Best, and only places you can see the Water Pageant, is from the resorts on Bay Lake: GF, Poly, Contemporary, WL, and FW. If you want it all, then Poly may be the best choice. You have the beach for the water pageant and Wishes.

Tikibacca
03-03-2010, 04:20 AM
thought like in LA you had to be a hotel guest in order to get onto the monorail from the hotel there it went to. So If we stay at a hotel nowhere near disney but have tickets for it, we can hop on the monorail to get round ?

BigRedDad
03-03-2010, 05:24 AM
I do not know the "official" policy. However, I do know that there is no verification, check, or anything else for those that board the monorail.

joonyer
03-03-2010, 10:34 AM
Anybody, staying anywhere, even if you don't even have park tickets, can get on and ride the monorail, so long as you can get to a station or stop. You might have to pay for parking your car (unless you park at DTD and ride a bus to the TTC or Epcot) but you can ride the monorails all you want without restriction.

PopPhan
03-03-2010, 11:36 AM
Anybody, staying anywhere, even if you don't even have park tickets, can get on and ride the monorail, so long as you can get to a station or stop. You might have to pay for parking your car (unless you park at DTD and ride a bus to the TTC or Epcot) but you can ride the monorails all you want without restriction.

You cannot get a bus from DTD to a park or the TTC. DTD buses go to resorts only.

Tygger7
03-03-2010, 11:43 AM
The monorail isn't going to be the issue...parking is the issue. You cannot park a Disney hotel for longer than 3 hours (I believe) if you aren't staying there. Best option would be to park at the TTC and catch the monorail to MK or Epcot and meet your friends at the park. Or, transfer at the MK to the hotel monorail where your friends are staying. Not sure when you're going or how much you want to spend, but I'd at least check on the various Disney hotels (value, moderate) to make transportation easier. The charge to park each day can easily eat into any savings you gain by staying off property.

Patricia
03-03-2010, 12:24 PM
You didn't mention if you have a car or not, but parking is $14 a day at the parks.

Anyone with Disney World park passes can use any of the WDW resort monorails, buses and boats. Have fun!

Tikibacca
03-11-2010, 03:00 AM
yeah i have a rental car, what is DTD , TTC ?

faline
03-11-2010, 11:33 AM
yeah i have a rental car, what is DTD , TTC ?

DTD = Downtown Disney
TTC = Ticket & Transportation Center
More information on commonly used abbreviations here. (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/abbreviations/default.asp)

Anyone who has a Disney ticket for admission to a park is entitled to use any of the transportation systems throughout Disney World.

Parking for non-resident park guests are in official lots only. Parking at resorts is reserved for guests staying at that resort or temporarily (generally a 3 hour pass) at a resort the non-resident guest is visiting.