PDA

View Full Version : POFQ food court

JoDisney
03-01-2010, 02:56 PM
What is the food court like at POFQ? I like the food court at POR but we need a smaller resort this time because of a walking/balance disability. I felt POFQ would be better because of the disability. However, I do not think we are going to like the food court, as POR has much, much more. What do you think?

DVC2004
03-01-2010, 03:18 PM
It''s on the small side. We went there for lunch one day in December- we were staying at Riverside- and it is smaller. I didn't see it when it was busy but it appears like it would get crowded. There were lots of choice which was good. For lunch I believe there was a Mexican station, a pasta station, I know there was sandwiches and philly cheesesteak (not the best I've had unfortunately), salads. My suggestion would be to go at off times to try to beat the crowds- an early breakfast , late lunch.

yjgirl32
03-01-2010, 03:29 PM
I didn't care for it as much as the Caribean- beacuse of the selection and the size. We didn't eat there quite as much knowing about this ahead of time so that helped. I did however love the idea idea of a smaller resort. Good luck with your decision.

Scott C
03-02-2010, 11:40 AM
While it was smaller -- it did seem to have all of our faves. The Fried Chicken dinner was pretty good. Pizza was standard. Breakfast wasn't bad either. RELAX -- it will be fine.

Thanks
Scott C

jonahbear2006
03-02-2010, 11:45 AM
POFQ's food is very good! we didnt care for POR food at all. We ended up making the walk or the ride over to FQ and eating their food bc there were many selections that we preferred, that por did NOT have. The desserts alone are worth the walk if you are staying in riverside. We travel there to eat even when we are at a different resort.

#1donaldfan
03-02-2010, 02:44 PM
...their food court is very good, but it's much smaller.....if you stay there and need a Riverside fix, just hop on the boat, ride over n eat....it's a very short walk to the food court from the docks.....????:mickey:

Jared
03-02-2010, 05:49 PM
I understand your concern, but it seems it is more important for health reasons to stay at the French Quarter, despite the smaller food court. I have never tried the one at Riverside, but the one at French Quarter is certainly serviceable. It's probably not worth switching your plans.

Good luck!

HoosierDisneyFan
03-02-2010, 07:17 PM
I have stayed at both resorts and eaten at both food courts. I would not have told you there was any difference (other than size).

magicgal
03-05-2010, 05:11 PM
While it is smaller than POR's food court, it suited us just fine. I thought there was a good enough selection, and it was tasty as well.

Pirate Granny
03-05-2010, 09:40 PM
I stayed at FQ and liked the food court...the only thing I noticed between POR and FQ, was the POR had 'select and choose your own pasta dish'...and the bakery had a more items...other than that, it's quite the same except FQ has those wonderful Beigets...
:pirate:

ibelieveindisneymagic
03-05-2010, 09:47 PM
We've stayed at both POR and FQ, and we actually prefer the food court at FQ.

Even though it is smaller, there is still lots of choice (and I'm a pretty picky eater, and I never had trouble finding something I wanted). The food was yummy, fresh and we liked that it wasn't so crazy!

The only thing we missed at all was the "grab and go" section, although on our last trip we noticed more selections at FQ than on previous trips.

LudwigVonDrake
03-06-2010, 10:34 AM
It's small but has good choices. Make sure you get the beignets :tasty:

jillluvsdisney
03-07-2010, 02:43 PM
We ate several meals there this past December.
Breakfast, lunch and dinner.

The food choices were varied and tasty. They have the standard breakfast items. Some of the lunch/dinner choices we ate were: Italian sub, taco salad, spagetti, ribs and fried chicken. It was notr fancy but it all hit the spot.
The chicken and rib dinners were big enough to share and also came with a choice of sides like corn bread, rice, veggies ect.

They also have burger/pizza windows and a desert window (which is NEVER properly staffed). If you compared it to Seasons at EPCOT (inside The Land), the choices are not quite as varied ethnically but still tasty.

My mother is disabled and POFQ is a wonderful resort to stay at because of it's size.

Giselle
03-08-2010, 03:09 PM
I like POFQ food court. Service can be slow, but this seems true of all hotel QS. It was usually not very crowded and they had a little chef thing for kids in the a.m.

garymacd
03-09-2010, 03:11 PM
Your situation sounds much like ours, especially the walking and vertigo issues.

We love POFQ for the very reason that it is compact. Everything is within close walking distance.

The food court is small but offers most of the items available at POR food court. It is bright and airy with all the trappings of a Mardi Gras parade float storage warehouse.

You will find everything from fast breakfast items like cereal and bagels and juice right to a full eggs, bacon and pancake plate.

Lunches offer many hot items and sandwiches, and Dinners are available with chicken, ribs, pasta and pizza. Some beer and wine are also available.