PDA

View Full Version : Approach to MK?

EeyoresBestFriend
03-01-2010, 02:18 PM
Not sure if this is the right spot ~please move if not. :thumbsup:

We are staying at FQ with some first timers and when we go to MK for the first time ~ I love bringing newbies in by the boat. I think it is such a cool memory to have of their first sight of a Disney park and also gives them(and me) a chance to take in all the views and sights before the actual gate. :cloud9:

My question is: Is it possible get to the parking lot to take either monorail or boat from POFQ without going to a park first? :confused:

faline
03-01-2010, 02:22 PM
If you wanted, you could bus to Epcot and take the monorail from there. At the Ticket & Transporation Center, you could transfer to the boat or the Magic Kingdom monorail.

gerald72
03-01-2010, 03:07 PM
That's exactly the way Walt wanted it!

From the Imagineering Field Guide to the Magic Kingdom:
"From the TTC, where most guests have left their cars, Cinderella Castle is visible. This heightens the feeling of anticipation one is already experiencing. Once you board the monorail or ferry, you know you're on your way and you get caught up in the excitement of the journey. You get periodic glimpses o the Castle, but it's not generally in plain sight. Upon arrival at the park entrance, the height of the train station serves as a visual barrier to the park....."

Touchdown
03-01-2010, 07:12 PM
On the other hand...

You come by bus, and you dont see the castle at all, until you make it into Town Square. There, you turn a corner and boom there it is. Cant tell you how many people Ive seen from resorts (it was morning EMH) start crying, stop what they were doing and stand there in awe, and kids just start screaming. There is something to be said for a big reveal, as apposed to a slow burn. It makes for bad traffic patterns on Main Street (which is why I suspect Walt designed it as a slow burn learning from Disneyland) but its pretty special.

finaldynasty
03-20-2010, 11:22 PM
On the other hand...

You come by bus, and you dont see the castle at all, until you make it into Town Square. There, you turn a corner and boom there it is. Cant tell you how many people Ive seen from resorts (it was morning EMH) start crying, stop what they were doing and stand there in awe, and kids just start screaming. There is something to be said for a big reveal, as apposed to a slow burn. It makes for bad traffic patterns on Main Street (which is why I suspect Walt designed it as a slow burn learning from Disneyland) but its pretty special.

I agree. That reveal gets me everytime.