PDA

View Full Version : using magical journeys

grumpyguy
03-01-2010, 11:40 AM
i know many of you have used mj for your trips to wdw.i would like to use them for our (hopefully) trip in sept. and support an intercot sponsor.
in the past i've exclusively used a local travel agent and our trip package including air transportation would come to us all complete and wrapped in one package.
i've contacted mj and they don't offer packages 'including air transportation".
anyone have any reservations about handling the air portion on their own?
i would love any suggestions in doing so,just to make me feel comfortable in planning our vacation differently than in the past.:thumbsup:

yjgirl32
03-01-2010, 11:46 AM
We just used AAA for the air part and then had MJ do the rest. It was very easy. Good luck.

Strmchsr
03-01-2010, 11:59 AM
:ditto: Let MJ handle all your park needs and do your own airfare. You can usually find things cheaper by doing something like Southwest's Ding or going straight to the airlines sites. MJ CAN handle getting your Magical Express pick up once you have your flight info.

#1donaldfan
03-01-2010, 12:11 PM
....AAA does not do the "cheaper" airlines, eg Allegiant, Jet Blue...etc....however once you have your airfare, no matter which carrier, AAA will set up Magical Express to pick you up ..... !!!:mickey:

disneymom15
03-01-2010, 12:51 PM
I always arrange airfare on my own. It's very easy. I book directly from the airlines web site. I've booked with Southwest, Delta, United, Midwest in the past. Give it a try, I think you'll do just fine.

Missy_Mouses_Dad
03-01-2010, 01:06 PM
DW always uses MJ and books the flight on her own. As mentioned earlier, she goes right to the airlines website, and it pretty much walks you right through the process. She always tells me that is part of the fun and preparation for a trip.

SBETigg
03-01-2010, 01:11 PM
I wouldn't do airfare any other way. It's so easy to do it yourself online and you will get the best price vs trusting an agent to do it for you (they usually don't go with the best price, to my experience). There are great travel websites that you can use to help you compare airfares from many different airlines at once to and from the same travel destinations. I like Kayak because after they list prices, you can link right to the airlines own site vs booking it through a second party.

mom2morgan
03-01-2010, 08:16 PM
I usually find the best rates through Travelocity. Never had a problem booking my own flights. I think you usually end up paying a little more going direct to the airline.

c&d
03-02-2010, 11:22 AM
I book my own airline reservations and then tell MJ what my flights are. It's worked out great in the past.

Genie1953
03-02-2010, 06:32 PM
We booked our airline reservations ourselves....kind of nervous about doing it but everything worked out well. We booked with Southwest and their customer service is wonderful....always answered my questions and were oh so nice. We gave our flight information to Denise at Magical Journeys and she took care of setting up Magical Express transportation to and from the airport.