PDA

View Full Version : Earl of sandwich

Julie_Mouse
03-01-2010, 11:26 AM
We are looking at having either a lunch or dinner here in May... we will be on the regular DP. Can you use a CS credit here, and if so, what do you get? Do you have a choice of desserts at EoS? Also curious about Wolfgang Puck Express CS options- I've read good things about both!

I'm interested in names of CS dining locations where you get something other than that (kind of gross) standard chocolate cake, or carrot cake, or whatever, for dessert.

Any help appreciated!

DisneyBunch
03-01-2010, 12:30 PM
They are both good CS choices, but I don't remember dessert at either as standing out. Earl of Sandwich has very good sandwiches and is one of my favorites. I especially enjoyed the Caribbean Jerk chicken sandwich. Wolfgang Puck Express offers both pizzas and meals. Their rotisserie chicken dinner is excellent. In comparison, Wolfgang offers more bang for your buck.
Are you only looking for a CS in DTD? In my estimation, Sunshine Seasons in the Land Pavilion @ Epcot offers the best CS dessert options. As part of your CS meal, you make a choice from their bakery, and there is absolutely no comparison between their selections and the pre-packaged desserts offered by most CS locations. Their strawberry shortcake is excellent and would be a great choice at any TS restaurant.:mickey:

HoosierDisneyFan
03-02-2010, 07:28 PM
Earl of Sandwich is an excellent CS choice in DTD. As the name suggests they have a variety of sandwiches. I remember the dessert being a cookie / brownie.

Wolfgang Puck Express is also an excellent CS choice. I had the meatball pizza. My family thought that was strange but it was excellent. Others had the rotisserie chicken. I think I had a cookie for dessert there as well. I do not reemember other options but there may have been others.

I would say if you are looking for a "meal" then Wolfgang Puck Express is your choice but is you want a sandwich then Earl of Sandwich is you place. You cannot go wrong at either location!

Captain_Nemo
03-02-2010, 09:06 PM
I agree the strawberry shortcake was nomtastic!

Jared
03-02-2010, 09:09 PM
Wolfgang Puck Express is the best counter service location on property. It offers table-service quality food for the price of a quick-service credit. I have tried a variety of items on the menu and have never been disappointed. The tortilla soup, chicken tortilla melt and spicy chicken pizza stand out. The barbecue chicken quesadilla is also a delicious choice.

To address your other question, most counter service places have the basic dessert selections you mentioned. As another poster mentioned, Sunshine Seasons in The Land pavilion of Epcot has an entire bakery section, making it one of the best options for guests using a dining plan. I particularly like the Butterfinger cheesecake.

Enjoy!

:tasty:

Mousefever
03-02-2010, 09:57 PM
Earl of Sandwich has a very good packaged bread pudding. I loved it!

Amy

Jennifer_and_Chris
03-03-2010, 09:44 AM
We have used our CS credit for both places....

Earl of Sandwich, we got a sandwich, drink and dessert - I think I got a cookie or brownie. But, this is a great place if you are hungry but want something light and filling (yes light and filling is possible!) We actually had 9 CS meals on our last day. We got full meals here on our way home to eat in the car (we have a 2 day drive). We didn't have to stop for food all day!

Wolfgang puck express - totally agree wth Jared... One of, if not, the best CS meals on property. We got TONS of food from there with our CS credit. One meal was chicken alfredo type pasta dish, drink and CREME BRULEE!!!! COME ON - CREME BRULEE!!!!! We got 4 CS meals here and had we been paying out of pocket, it would have been over $80. I couldn't believe it!

Julie_Mouse
03-03-2010, 09:59 AM
I agree the strawberry shortcake was nomtastic!

LOL that's my new favourite word ;)

Thanks everyone for all the feedback :mickey:

bruin1344
03-03-2010, 07:31 PM
Both places are solid choices. Cant remember what they had for desserts though.