PDA

View Full Version : How much of a hassle is it to do a split stay ?

PittFan
03-01-2010, 10:47 AM
We are considering doing a split stay between POP & Boardwalk Inn. We would be spending 7 nights at each and we will be on the DDP. I'm assuming that would this be treated as 2 seperate reservations and therefore all dining credits from POP would expire the day we checked out of POP and checked in at the BWI ? We are AP holders so park tickets wouldn't apply to us. Any help would be appreciated, not sure if this is a good idea. :confused:

BigRedDad
03-01-2010, 10:54 AM
It is actually pretty smooth. You just let Bell Services pick up the bags, let them know which resort they are going to, and get them from Bell Services at the new resort. My experience was a little different because it took forever to get our luggage. It was the day before Thanksgiving and WDW was busy. So, I attribute it to a 1-off experience. If plans pan out today, we will have a split stay next week.

PittFan
03-01-2010, 11:10 AM
Would doing a split stay effect my ability to do the 180 + 10 on my ADR'S as well ? Really want to try a split stay but I'm not sure exactly how everything works with the reservations and such.

faline
03-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Would doing a split stay effect my ability to do the 180 + 10 on my ADR'S as well ? Really want to try a split stay but I'm not sure exactly how everything works with the reservations and such.

Yes. You can do all your reservations for your first stay when you hit the 180 day mark for your arrival at that resort. You'll have to wait until you hit the 180 day mark for your arrival at the second resort to do your reservations on that stay.

Plus, it can end up more expensive for your dining plan. Your dining plan is based on the nights of your stay so you could end up with an extra table service, counter service, and/or snack on the day you check out and on the day you check in to your second reservation. You'll have until midight of that day to use up any credits you have left.

When we did our last split stay, we did not have the dining plan for the second part of our stay and did use up some dining credits on the day we switched.

We opted just to take a taxi from one resort to the next though we could have had the resorts transport the luggage from one to the other.

PittFan
03-01-2010, 11:38 AM
Thank you both for your help. We will actually use the DDP on our last day there, we book the latest flight out to get another day in at the parks. :mickey:

Disney4
03-01-2010, 01:05 PM
We called for bell service and they transferred our bags from AKL to the Contemporary while we were at the park. We checked in when we were ready. No hassles at all. Worst part was packing mid-trip.

c&d
03-02-2010, 11:07 AM
It's not bad at all, last year we stayed in 3 resorts. We were checking in late so we stayed in POR for one night, then moved over to our DVC home for 5 days and the last 2 at CSR. Every move was painless.

wildernesslady
03-02-2010, 02:25 PM
Disney makes it painless. We just do not enjoy packing up mid trip, but it does seem like 2 vacations. You will have a great time either way.

hubbyofadisneyholic
03-03-2010, 06:38 PM
It isn't a big deal other than it seems like you are constantly tipping bell services...might almost be cheaper to rent a car for the day.
We don't travel light, so we always have tons of luggage. :blush: