PDA

View Full Version : Adding a Day to Old Tickets

disnewbie
02-28-2010, 04:23 PM
I'm sure this has been asked before... Feel free to direct me to a page that can answer this question... But can I add a day to an old Park Hopper? I have one day left on a park hopper from before they started expiring after the first 14 days of use, and wanted to add another day or two.

Many thanks in advance~ :)

faline
02-28-2010, 04:26 PM
Don't believe you can. You can use the value of the ticket towards a purchase of a new ticket or use it as is.

disnewbie
02-28-2010, 04:46 PM
Is that the value of the ticket when we bought it? Or the value of the ticket today?

Just to make sure I understand... If the ticket was worth $120 way back when, then they would subtract that amount from the amount of a 3 day hopper (for example) at $271 today? I would pay the difference of $151 + tax... Yes?

Thank you~ :mickey:

faline
02-28-2010, 04:50 PM
You would not get the value of the entire purchase price on the original ticket as I'm guessing you used some days from the ticket. You would get the value on the remaining, unused days on the ticket based on your original purchase price.

Often, it is more advantangeous to just use the existing ticket for park entry rather than to apply it to a new park ticket purchase.

disnewbie
02-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Hmmm... How would that work I wonder... I originally had 7 days, and used 6. How do they calculate the value of that?

Goofy4TheWorld
02-28-2010, 07:09 PM
Unless I am missing something, you can't upgrade or exchange any ticket, no matter what, anytime after the 14-day window from it's first use.

Your old ticket does not have any "trade-in" value, it can only be used for what it is. Tickets only have trade-in value 14 days from their first use, after that, your stuck with them.

faline
02-28-2010, 08:17 PM
Things have changed so quickly - it's hard to keep up. In the past, you were able to use old tickets towards the purchase of a new ticket.

Genie1953
02-28-2010, 08:34 PM
So if I am understanding correctly the only way you could use the leftover days on your tickets fur a future trip would be if you had the "no-expire" option on them. If you had the no expire option on them then you could use them in the future no matter how many months/years that future trip might be. With the no expire option on them you could also upgrade them if you chose to do so. Is that correct?

CleveRocks
02-28-2010, 09:06 PM
With the no expire option on them you could also upgrade them if you chose to do so. Is that correct?No.

"No Expiration" means that the entitlements (admissions) on the tickets never expire, but your right to add to/upgrade the ticket STILL EXPIRES after the 14th day from first use.

Here's the deal ...

If any ticket is more than 14 days past the date of its first use, then that ticket can't be added to, upgraded, or used as credit towards the purchase of another ticket. Let's call these "old tickets."

Old tickets can still be used for admission. But you can't add days to them. You can't add options to them. You can't trade them in towards the purchase of a new ticket.

So if you have a ticket from 1988 with one day left on it, you can use that one day for admission, but THAT'S ALL you can do with it.

If you have a ticket that you used two months ago and you have a few days left on it (you'd bought the No Expiration option), you can use those few days for admissions, but you can't use that ticket towards the purchase of another ticket.

Any confusion or more questions about this stuff, please don't hesitate to ask further. It's just a matter of knowing Disney's exact rules and policies ... it has nothing to do with common sense. :mickey:

wolfhog
02-28-2010, 10:15 PM
Couldn't hurt to ask at a Guest Relations window before entering a park. CleveRocks is correct but maybe, just maybe for one day they lose their minds and you get a good deal out of it.
Good luck

CleveRocks
03-01-2010, 08:16 AM
Not that anyone asked, but ...

When you have one or two or three days left on old tickets, another thing to keep in mind it is might NOT be worth it to use them, depending on your situation.

If you just want to go to one Disney park for one day and that's it, then using that old leftover 1-day ticket is a great deal for you.

But if you plan to go to Disney parks for 5 days, then save that old ticket for a scrapbook or something. Leave it home in a drawer. It won't be worth it to use it.

WHY?

Because of Disney's ticket pricing system. On a multi-day ticket, the 4th day costs only $10, and the 5th through 10th days cost only $3 each. Yeh, three bucks.

So if you'll be doing Disney parks for 5 days, you could buy a 5-day ticket, or you could buy a 4-day ticket and then use your old one for the 5th day. Problem is, that 5th day would cost you only $3. Do you really want to use that old ticket and save a whopping three bucks? It's much better to hold onto that old ticket in case you'll be in Orlando in the future and have a need for a 1-day ticket. Know what I mean?