PDA

View Full Version : Question about bag to use at Disneyworld

Genie1953
02-28-2010, 03:48 PM
Has anyone used the eBags Terrace Shoulder Pouch bag for Disneyworld vacations? I will be carrying an IPhone, sunglasses clips, and camera (Canon PowerShot A1100IS w/batteries and extra SD card). I am trying to figure out if it will be big enough. Hate to order it and then find that it isn't large enough. Any advice/comments will be much appreciated.

Djscherr
03-02-2010, 10:45 AM
I don't have experience with that specific bag and camera and such, but looking at it's dimensions and the dimensions of the camera and the phone they should fit. The sunglasses though depending on the size of the case might be a tight fit.

One bag that I found works for me for hiking is one like the REI Boarding Bag. It's a bit bigger than this, but I use to to store my DSLR with lens, maps, snacks, compass, first aid kit and such. That might be a bit too big for you though. If you were to get something like that it could hold everything you want and probably even a bottle of water or pop.

Bethanymouse
04-03-2010, 12:37 AM
Thanks for posting this! Because of your post, I googled the bag and fell in love with it. Just purchased it for our July trip!

doombuggygal
04-03-2010, 02:51 AM
I have no experience with this particular bag but in my experience carrying a one shoulder bag all day long in the parks has always been awkward for me. Everytime you go to do something it's slipping of and just seems like I'm always fiddling with it. Last year I switched to a small cinch type backpack and I love it.

Genie1953
04-03-2010, 03:33 AM
We (actually my husband) carries one of the small cinch type of back packs also but I like having my stuff handy at my fingertips (I like to shop and he people watches while I shop so is not always with me). I did receive my terrace shoulder bags (ordered two) They are very small and can be worn on the shoulder, across the body, and according to a review on Ebags website the shoulder strap can be shortened and the bag worn as a waist pack if need be. The only down side is a flap on the bag that has a slightly awkward clasp but this can easily be replaced with a velcro fastener and I may do this before we leave. The bag is very small but yet has plenty of room to hold my camera w/extra batteries and SD card, sunglass clips, IPhone, etc. I think I am going to love it but will let everyone know how it worked out when we return from our trip. We leave 7 days from today....woo...hoo!!!

Genie1953
04-25-2010, 06:17 PM
Well we are back from our 9 night/10 day trip and thought I would give a report on how my ebag Terrace Pouch bag worked out. I had two of them (a blue one which I used most of the time and a dark tan one) Well I must say that I absolutely loved this bag! Keep in mind that this bag is only 5.5" x 7" x 1.5" but I had room to carry all of the following items in it:

In the main zipper compartment:

Canon A1100IS camera
Lip balm
Antibacterial Hand Lotion (2 oz size)
Very small brush
Small mirror
In the front compartment under the flap with the odd plastic clip:

SD card for camera - secured in a small mesh zipper compartment
2 spare AA batteries
Couple of tissues folded
In a deep zipper compartment UNDER the flap:

Driver's license
Health Insurance Cards
Bank Debit Card
2 Credit Cards
In a zipper compartment on the outside of the flap:

Room Key/Dining Plan Card
PhotoPass Cards
Laminated card with ADR information
In the open pocket on the back side of the bag:

Sunglass Clips
IPhone
Maps needed for the day
One page trip itinerary folded up
I absolutely LOVED this bag. I wore it across my body...had the strap lengthened quite a bit so that it hung below my waist. The strap was wide enough that it did not cut into my shoulder at all. I was able to keep the bag to my front side easily. On one of the rides (I think it was the Big Thunder Mountain Roller Coaster I did put it down around my waist and shortened up the strap to make it snug like a waist pack and that bag didn't go anywhere during that ride. When the ride was over it was easy to quickly lengthen the strap and pull it back up over my shoulder. Keeping my room key/dining plan card, photopass card, and ADR information in the zipper compartment on the outside of the flap made it very handy to grab them out whenever I needed them and easily secure them again when finished. I highly recommend this bag to everyone. The only criticism I have of the bag is the odd plastic clasp on the outside flap that was located under the flap. If you put very much in the compartment under the flap it caused the edge of the flap so protrude. So I didn't keep much in there and the things that I did keep there were the things I rarely needed so was not a problem at all. Yep.....I highly recommend this bag. It worked out great!

emfleck
04-29-2010, 03:58 PM
Well, thanks to your post, I just ordered mine in eggplant! Can't wait to use it in December. Thank you for the info on it!:thumbsup: