PDA

View Full Version : first time cruiser

poohbear07
02-28-2010, 10:50 AM
I want to take my husband and 4 yrd son on our first cruise in 2011! What is the best time? What all do I need to get as far as passports? I just need help..thanks

luvnwdw
02-28-2010, 11:45 AM
where are you going??
it's my understanding the heart of the hurricane season is from Sept to Nov
My husband and I went on a Caribbean cruise in Dec 09 and it was still HOT, we both got our passports (book and card) for this trip,our ports of call were Costa Maya-Belize City-Santo Thomas in Guatemala and Cozumel, you will need passports for these places but the only place we had to show our passports was in The Port of New Orleans before boarding our ship, we did however have to show our cruise ship card before going on shore and again when getting back on board
again a lot depends on when and where you plan on going
if you go on the U.S.gov passport site it answers a lot of questions about the when's and where's of needing a passport
I'm sure someone who is a seasoned cruiser can give you a much better answer
where ever you go have a fantastic time

poohbear07
02-28-2010, 11:51 AM
We want to go on a 4 day to bahamas nassau and castaway key...we have the passport cards I think that would be all we need right?

Tink1
02-28-2010, 12:02 PM
We want to go on a 4 day to bahamas nassau and castaway key...we have the passport cards I think that would be all we need right?

Yes, for a closed circuit cruise the passport cards are fine.

Nanc

poohbear07
02-28-2010, 01:16 PM
So is my 4 yrd son need to pay extra for the play area's where we get a pager?

Tink1
02-28-2010, 01:20 PM
So is my 4 yrd son need to pay extra for the play area's where we get a pager?

Nope, that is included in the cruise pricing!

Nanc

poohbear07
02-28-2010, 01:22 PM
on castaway key do they have activities for my son where my husband and I can go to serinity bay?

TammiMcMan
02-28-2010, 06:24 PM
on castaway key do they have activities for my son where my husband and I can go to serinity bay?Yes they do and for piece of mind, the pagers work fine on the island too :thumbsup:.

poohbear07
03-01-2010, 06:50 AM
can someone tell me a run down on all that is included and not included in a 4 day cruise to the bahama's for a husband wife and 4yrd boy?

DisneyPrincess21
03-01-2010, 10:22 AM
can someone tell me a run down on all that is included and not included in a 4 day cruise to the bahama's for a husband wife and 4yrd boy?

Just about everything is included except, Palo (it's an extra $15/person for dinner) Alcoholic drinks & specialty coffee drinks, Anything at the coffee shop area's (like the one by the adult pool) the spa, gratuity for room service, snacks at the movie theater concession area, certain items off of the room service menu (such as bottle water and alcoholic drinks, popcorn, candy), soft drinks at restaurants that don't include them with your meal. (there is a free drink station on deck 9) Photographs that are taken by the ship's photographer are not included.

Scar
03-01-2010, 10:30 AM
can someone tell me a run down on all that is included and not included in a 4 day cruise to the bahama's for a husband wife and 4yrd boy?From another thread:
"inclusive" meal choices:

3 rotational restaurants (assigned dinner times and tables)
Topsiders (open dining throughout the day)
Open breakfast & lunches offered in the rotational restaurants (check navigators for times)
Fast food options on deck 9 (burgers, sandwiches, chicken, ice cream, etc.)
Room service meals (continental breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack options)
Various food stations setup around the ship (usually in the evenings in the lounges and on deck buffets)
Castaway Cay dining
Unlimited beverages at the beverage station on deck 9, sodas, juices and iced teas ordered with meals in the restaurants

"extra charge" options

Snacks outside the theatre
any drinks (including non-alcoholic) that are ordered at the bar or from an on-deck waiter/waitress
Palo brunch, high tea and dinner
items ordered in the Cove Cafe coffee bar
Castaway Cay bar service

A little hint, if you are planning on going off the ship for any excursions, call and order something from room service. That way you aren't paying out of pocket for meals or snacks when you visit a port.

poohbear07
03-02-2010, 07:06 AM
we wanted to go on the disney dream does anyone know what shows they will have on board?

Donald_Quackers
03-05-2010, 02:38 PM
we wanted to go on the disney dream does anyone know what shows they will have on board?

I haven't seen that information released yet, so it's anyone's guess.

If they follow the Wonder's show schedule, then you'd have:

The Golden Mickey's
Toy Story: The Musical
Disney Dreams

Tink1
03-09-2010, 11:39 AM
A new show that is debuting on the Magic will run on the Dream as well

Villians Tonight! (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2009/12/announcement-disney-villains-set-sail-with-disney-cruise-line/)

Nanc

Donald_Quackers
03-14-2010, 05:58 PM
Thanks, Tink.

I will be missing the Golden Mickey's though.

I have just over 8 months until my next visit to Castaway Cay