PDA

View Full Version : Transportation question

mom2morgan
02-27-2010, 07:19 PM
We're going to Disneyland for the first time. My kids also want a day at Six Flags Magic Mountain. Does anyone know how I arrange to get there? We are NOT renting a car, so we really hope there is some sort of shuttle service. ALSO - I'm picturing staying in the hotel in Anaheim and just travelling to Six Flags for the day, but do you think it would be better to actually leave Anaheim and stay in a hotel close to Six Flags instead? We'd be flying home the day after.

Disney4us2
02-27-2010, 11:22 PM
I don't know of any transportation services from Disneyland to Six Flags. Renting a car may be the way to go.

I live 15 minutes from Six Flags (approx 12 miles). From my house to DL is 50 miles just under an hour drive in the early Saturday/Sunday mornings.

There are several hotels in the Santa Clarita area where Six Flags is located. Bob Hope/Burbank airport is the closest. There is a Flyaway bus service from Van Nuys to LAX as well as supershuttle vans. The drive to/from Disneyland/Six Flags is really easy. It is just one freeway all the way.

Hopefully someone else will have some other ideas/options.

NotaGeek
02-28-2010, 02:07 AM
If you Google Anaheim Six Flag Tours you will find tour companies that do day trips from DLR area hotels. Also every hotel has a tour desk that can help you arrange the day trip no problem.

mom2morgan
02-28-2010, 10:07 AM
I don't know of any transportation services from Disneyland to Six Flags. Renting a car may be the way to go.

I live 15 minutes from Six Flags (approx 12 miles). From my house to DL is 50 miles just under an hour drive in the early Saturday/Sunday mornings.

There are several hotels in the Santa Clarita area where Six Flags is located. Bob Hope/Burbank airport is the closest. There is a Flyaway bus service from Van Nuys to LAX as well as supershuttle vans. The drive to/from Disneyland/Six Flags is really easy. It is just one freeway all the way.

Hopefully someone else will have some other ideas/options.

Of course, I should have thought to ask you about nearby hotels - I KNEW you lived very close! but I think if I can find transportation it does sound like it would be much more "comfortable" to stay put near Disney :-)

mom2morgan
02-28-2010, 10:09 AM
If you Google Anaheim Six Flag Tours you will find tour companies that do day trips from DLR area hotels. Also every hotel has a tour desk that can help you arrange the day trip no problem.

thank you - that sounds pretty easy!

mjm12000
03-15-2010, 03:47 PM
Here is the link to Starline tours which does a direct bus tour to Six Flags from Disneyland

http://www.starlinetours.com/Anaheim-LAX-tour-18.asp?AL=A

mom2morgan
03-15-2010, 07:03 PM
Thank you! it looks like it would be way cheaper to rent a car, especially since I can get the tickets for Six Flags cheaper online, and I see they are "included" in the $100 price tag for the tour.