PDA

View Full Version : cruise to Disney - how long?

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-26-2010, 09:09 PM
Hello All,

We are very excited about our first cruise this August.

We're thinking that we would like to slip over to Disney the day we get off the cruise for a bit of shopping and lunch at a resort.

DD would love to go back to 1900 Park Fare, but the last breakfast seating time available is 11:10. Do we have enough time to get off the cruise and to the Grand Floridian for 11:10, or should we look somewhere else?

Thanks,
Heather

Scar
02-26-2010, 09:23 PM
If you have your own car you should make it.

You first say "lunch at a resort" and then say
"breakfast at 11:10." I don't know about Canada, but in America we call that "Brunch." ;)

Ed
02-27-2010, 06:49 AM
Heather, it's about a 65 mile drive, or a little over an hour using the Beach Line and I-4. It's definitely do-able. Normally you can disembark from the ship starting around 7:30 am.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-27-2010, 11:39 AM
If you have your own car you should make it.

You first say "lunch at a resort" and then say
"breakfast at 11:10." I don't know about Canada, but in America we call that "Brunch." ;)

Is that like lunner? (lunch and dinner) ;)

Thanks for the help, DD has decided that she needs a bit of a Disney fix before we had back home, so this seems like the perfect idea.

Thanks Ed - we're bringing our car down on the autotrain, and traffic should be lighter on a Sunday, and it does sound doable :thumbsup:

TammiMcMan
02-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Hey, it could be considered second breakfast ;) . In normal situations, if you have your own car or car service, you can be in Disney by 9:00am. A little later if there are delays with customs or if you need to take Disney transportation. An 11:00am ADR is perfectly fine though.