PDA

View Full Version : iphone service in Disney

Emme&TeddysMommy
02-26-2010, 03:58 PM
We have an iphone, but have never brought it to Disney I was just wondering if you had good service or if you encountered any problems. I would like to be able to check email ect.. while we are on vacation. Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

Chrisx2
02-26-2010, 04:30 PM
I had 3G coverage most of the time at WDW in December. Only place it was not great was inside the Wilderness Lodge. On the balcony was fine but not in the room.

scottgr
02-26-2010, 04:49 PM
My iphone worked great all over disney, I had few issues inside the hotel room. We were on a lower floor. It was fine by the window.
:mickey:

Fangorn
02-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Coverage is good all over WDW. Signal strength on the other hand is fairly low. Consequently, as PPs have said, things work fine outside, but you can pretty much expect to have issues inside buildings. Staying by a window will help.

Steve

ElenitaB
02-26-2010, 06:54 PM
I had no problem with signal strength except inside certain buildings. Just wish there was WiFi available though...

NotaGeek
02-26-2010, 08:06 PM
I had no problems except in my room, but that has been the case with any phone I have taken to WDW. Be sure you update your iPhone to the latest version before you go (connect to iTunes and it will automatically check if its up to date) ... that helps with service and battery time. :mickey:

magicofdisney
02-26-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't have an iPhone but I do have AT&T as my cellphone provider. Compared to the other options available, I get the best coverage with AT&T here in FL.

faline
02-27-2010, 08:00 PM
I don't have one but my brother does. He didn't seem to have any issues with it while we were there in December. He even looked up a piece of information while we were in line at the Great Movie ride without an issue.

eandrsmom
02-28-2010, 05:04 PM
We have trouble with any phone in the Test Track building. We learned this because I had to take the baby outside of the waiting area for a diaper change, and couldn't let my DH know, so he wouldn't miss us when he exited the ride.

magicofdisney
02-28-2010, 07:19 PM
We have trouble with any phone in the Test Track building. We learned this because I had to take the baby outside of the waiting area for a diaper change, and couldn't let my DH know, so he wouldn't miss us when he exited the ride.
Within rides/ride buildings there are dead zones. I also have no signal in the Nemo ride.

SurferStitch
02-28-2010, 08:23 PM
DH and I had no problems with out 3GS phones at all in December. Worked well in our room at the Poly, and didn't have to stand by a window.

We didn't really use the phones in any attractions, except to check time or something like that. Phones worked very well outside and in restaurants, which was great when we wanted to check out our Disney apps!

cardnl1b
03-01-2010, 02:35 PM
Be sure to pick up the Free App called Mark the Spot. If you have trouble anywhere you can go into the app and mark where the dead zone is located. If enough people have the same issue, AT&T will investigate