PDA

View Full Version : Tour ?

KrystalR83
02-26-2010, 12:47 PM
We are going in May and are thinking about doing the Behind the Seeds tour at EPCOT. We are wondering when we should book the tour and how much it is for adults.

Thank you for you help

RockinRobin
02-26-2010, 01:24 PM
Great tour. We signed up just we before we went on the tour. Back in 2008 when we took it, it was $12.00.

Ms. Mode
02-26-2010, 01:29 PM
I read in a tour book the other night that you can book them at 18o days just like an ADR.

We are thinking about a tour too, but not seed..so I don't remember the price for that one...but it's more than $12.00.

MM

EmmMOM2
02-26-2010, 01:39 PM
Couldn't tell you the price as we get an employee discount...but it wasn't overly expensive.

My husband and I went with our two kids (1 and 4) at the time. However, it is mostly for adults, though my kids loved letting ladybugs out onto some plants and feeding the fish at the end.

It was a nice tour, however very hot in the greenhouse area, so prepare for that.
I think alot depends on your guide. We had a girl named "Jen" who was wonderful.

The guide talks alot about the systems they have setup to take care of the plants, very informative.
Towards the end you can walk by and see boats of people on the ride which was neat!! Then you see large tanks of fish, some crayfish or something to that nature and of course the large platform full of tiny alligators..

Take lots of pictures!! We got a GREAT PIC of our son holding a mickey shaped pumpkin!!

comicguy
02-26-2010, 07:43 PM
This is a great tour!!

We did this back in 2008 and it was 12 or 14 dollars per person. We all had a great time and booked the tour an hour or so before it started.

Our guide was totally awesome!!!

I higly recommend the tour, it is a nice distraction of r an hour and a half or so. Just something different to do.

LandFan
02-26-2010, 08:27 PM
Fabulous tour! We've done it like 4 or 5 times now over the years. We just stop by their desk the first time we are in epcot and inquire about availability. We've never had any trouble getting into a tour. I think the last tour of the day leaves at like 4pm so just be aware of that. I think it is now $14 pp. Even my niece loved it and she was 8 (I think) at the time.

faline
02-27-2010, 07:58 PM
We signed up the same day we took the tour. We were able to get abit of a discount with our annual pass. AAA offers the same discount, I believe. We decided to do the tour as the ride was down for refurbishment at the time. It was quite interesting and informative.

Dopey's Girl
02-28-2010, 12:04 PM
I did this tour last January (2009) and it was so much fun! It was cool to see all the plants close up, I got some great pics.

We booked ahead of time, just so we could pick the time we wanted, so we could plan other things for the day. I want to say we paid about $16 or so, but it was well worth it!

dmallan
02-28-2010, 08:07 PM
I just looked into this tour as well. Current price is $16/ adult with a discount for AP, AAA or Disney Visa card holders.