PDA

View Full Version : Grocery Store Near Fort Wilderness?

Goes4FastPass
02-25-2010, 02:47 PM
Can one of you happy campers recommend a "regular full service" that's easy driving distance fro Fort Wilderness?

My upcoming need is going to exceed what's at the outpost.

Thanks!

faline
02-25-2010, 02:52 PM
Gooding's is close by but is a bit pricier. I know there are some Publix and Super Wal Marts in the general area as well.

goofiecrazy
02-25-2010, 05:45 PM
theres a super target right on i92..did all our shopping there in july. 5 mins from the entrance to the parks.

CU Tiger
02-26-2010, 12:21 PM
There is a Winn-Dixie near DTD. We think this is the closest one and is the one we go to when we stay in the cabins.

AuntLaura
02-28-2010, 11:03 AM
We usually go to the Publix at intersection of 535 and 192. Take Epcot Drive away from WDW. I think 535 is the second redlight. Turn right and follow it to where it intersects with 192. On your left is a strip mall area with the Publix. I believe if you turn left onto 192 there will be a Walmart or Target also. There is a grocery store in the Crossings Mall at end of Hotel Plaza Blvd where it intersects 535, but it is more expensive than the Publix. I think that's the Goodings referenced in the prior posting.

wdw_bound
02-28-2010, 11:22 AM
We like the SuperTarget - they have a great souvenier section. However, the last time we went, we did notice that their selection within a type of product was limited (for example, only two types of pasta, one of which was their brand). At home, we are regular Publix shoppers, and will probably go there when we head down to the cabins in June.

Have a great trip! :mickey:

Not2Loud
03-15-2010, 11:29 AM
I concur with previous posters. Goodings tends to be expensive, and not the best selection.

Publix is great! The Super Wal-Mart has its good and bad points, but better than Goodings.

Within 15 minutes, you have plenty of good choices.

Goes4FastPass
03-30-2010, 11:05 AM
I found Goodings Crossroads to be lousy - though open 24 hours. Many empty shelves, poorly lit, just lousy.

Publix was an actual grocery store.