PDA

View Full Version : Fort Wilderness Cabin(yes or no)

Bay Lake
02-25-2010, 09:24 AM
Does anybody have a first hand experience of the cabins. looking into it for later this year.

faline
02-25-2010, 09:36 AM
We've stayed in the cabins several times and have greatly enjoyed them! It's almost like having a private home for the duration of your stay. No-one is above or below you and you don't share a wall with any other rooms. The campground is quiet and peaceful and it's nice to have a full kitchen and a living area where you can hang out!

You might also take a peek at the Camping Forum for more information on the cabins as they often come up for discussion in that forum.

Bay Lake
02-25-2010, 09:58 AM
thanks

disneyers
02-25-2010, 10:08 AM
We stayed at the Cabins last June and had a great experience. We aren't going back anytime soon, but would consider staying there again!

Do you have any specific questions? :mickey:

One thing I will say is you will want a golf cart (not a need, but I promise you will want one!) You can rent one from Disney for $50 a day or there are offsite rental companies that rent them much cheaper.

CU Tiger
02-25-2010, 12:24 PM
We have stayed in the cabins each of the past 5 years and will again in May. We usually have 5 to 6 people and it is very comfortable. FW is great and we think this is the best bang for the buck at DW:thumbsup:.

We recommend it over almost all other DW resorts!:mickey:

ibrowse17
02-25-2010, 05:05 PM
We tried the cabins for the first time in Dec of 2008, and really enjoyed it. We always take a break in our days at Disney, and our cabin allowed me to watch some TV in the other room and not bother my wife during her nap. It was plenty big, and had a full kitchen. I hope you enjoy your stay as much as we did:thumbsup:

kathiep
02-25-2010, 05:20 PM
One of our favorites! We love the cabins and most of FW. Having the sleeping area separate from the living area is terrific if you have kids. We really like having the use of a kitchen. The only negative (slightly) we have about this resort is the main pool area. It did wow us like other moderate pool areas.