PDA

View Full Version : BCV vs BWV

Robbieligh
02-25-2010, 09:15 AM
My friend and I are going to WDW the end of September during the food and wine festival. Our home resort is AKL at Kidani village but since we won't have a car, we wanted to be at a moore convenient location. I was able to book the 1st 7 nights at a studio at the Beach Club. Should I stick with the Beach Club for the next 5 nights or should we try the Boardwalk villas? What would you do and why? Help!!!

Checkers
02-25-2010, 10:24 AM
:mickey:Reservations during the F&WF at the Epcot resorts are difficult to get. With that being said, as owners at BWVs, when my DH are traveling by ourselves we prefer the BWVs but when we are traveling with family (as we are in May) the kids want to stay at the BCVs. Either resort is great and you won't be disappointed with the BC. If you decide to switch to the BWVs just don't cancel the BC before securing what you want at the BWVs. Have fun!

OogieBoogieMan
02-25-2010, 10:42 PM
For us the resorts are a toss up. I would keep the BC reservation though because it can be slightly closer depending on room location. A couple of times we ended up at the far end of BWV and it does make a difference.

Tinkermom
02-26-2010, 11:04 AM
I guess if it is just two of you I would switch to BWV for the last 5 nights. I think it is fun to try different resorts. Both resorts are awesome but have a very different feel. We really enjoy just hanging out on the Boardwalk in the evening. You can also run down to the bakery in the morning for an early morning treat! :thumbsup:

It sounds like you have the first 7 nights booked at BCV and have not yet booked for your last 5 nights - is that correct? If so you might want to get on that right away as both BCV and BWV book up quickly during the Food and Wine Festival. Have a great trip! :mickey:

MinnieMommie
02-28-2010, 07:39 AM
Both are great locations for the F&WF! I like the rooms better at BWV but that's just a judgment call. The BW view is nice as you can sit on your balcony and watch the activity outside. I prefer the store at BWV and like being so close to the restaurants and stores on the boardwalk.

If you are traveling with kids they might prefer BC which has Stromalong Bay. Beach and Yacht Club have good restaurants. The first thing I did the last time we arrived at BW last month was to eat at Beaches and Cream. Come to think of it the family ate at Captain's Grille for dinner that night.

It's quicker to walk to Epcot from BC and closer to walk to HS from BWV. I would stay at both if you are able to divide the nights that way. The DVC resorts are so nice and it is fun to try them all. :mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
02-28-2010, 10:39 AM
Both are very nice, but BC is probably our favorite resort on property. The resort, the service, and the pool are major pluses. That being said, you don't have a bad choice here! BW is also quite nice. Have a great trip!