PDA

View Full Version : photo themes at WDW

homeschool mom
02-25-2010, 08:56 AM
I scrapbook all of our WDW vacations - or at least try to. I'm only half way through day 1 of our last trip in Sept. '08, and still have a ton of photos. Needless to say, I take LOTS of photos and don't have much time for scrapbooking!

Since we try to go every other year and I take so many photos every time, I'm getting bogged down with variations of photos of the same things. That brings me to my question. On our upcoming trip, I would like to scale down the photos. Does anyone have any suggestions for photo themes? I am open to any and all suggestions. I thought about just taking pics of my kids in front of the ride or attraction signs, but would like other ideas.

I would like it to be age appropriate for my kids, nothing too young. We are a family of 7 with 5 kiddos - 3 DDs 16, 17 and 19 and 2 DSs 9 & 11.

Thanks for your help!

faline
02-25-2010, 09:02 AM
You might get some ideas from this discussion. (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=166510&highlight=photo)

wdwluv
02-25-2010, 09:30 AM
I could soooo have posted this same thing!!! I want to do those photo books - but I think I'm going to have to do a book for each day!!! I'm gonna have to take a peek at that suggest spot too!

:-)

vicster
02-25-2010, 09:41 AM
I hear what you're saying. We go every year so I pretty much stopped taking pictures. After a while we were trying to figure out what year the pictures were from - obviously I'm not very good about dating them.

Good luck and have fun with your scrapbooking!

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-25-2010, 11:25 AM
I posted in the discussion linked above but, have more suggestions...

I think for your crew, maybe have each person "take" the camera during the day and have them be the photographer. Disney is always different in someone elses shoes.

Our theme of picking one element and seeking it out each trip has helped to break up the monotony of my scrapbooks. Our next trip we will be taking a before and after picture of all of our meals.

I also toyed with the idea of taking a picture each hour of the day. To see where we are a 7am, 8am, 9am etc.... my cellphone alarm would help with this.

Or maybe get as many picks of your kids with cast members as possible. We plan to do this one when the kids get older and are willing to approach the CM's on their own.

IloveJack
02-25-2010, 12:50 PM
I also toyed with the idea of taking a picture each hour of the day. To see where we are a 7am, 8am, 9am etc.... my cellphone alarm would help with this.

Oooh, I love this idea! I think I may do it on this trip. Of course, I'll be taking lots of pics as it'll be our first Christmas trip, and we'll have DD2 to take pics of, but I could scrap a few pages of this idea. Thanks!