PDA

View Full Version : If we book a room w/ the gift card promo can we use the giftcard to purchase DDP?

mrmcgiv
02-25-2010, 12:17 AM
We may go in Aug and stay at AKL for 5 days and receive the $750 GC. While I realize we can just use this to pay for our dining, I would really still like to get the DDP.

When do they give you the Gift Card? At check in?

If so, can I add the DDP to my reservation after the fact and use the gift card toward it? I would love it if you could do this?!?!?:mickey:

Also, we will probably stay 2 days at a value after the 5 days at AKL, can we sued it toward our stay at the value?

PopPhan
02-25-2010, 06:40 AM
In that the gift card is given at registration and the DDP must be added before arrival, I would respectfully have to say that you cannot use the gift card to pay for your DDP.

I do not know about the second part of your question, but I would assume that the gift card could be used in that manner since it is a separate reservation, but I would defer to those more knowledgeable on this point.

DizneyRox
02-25-2010, 07:25 AM
yes
no
yes

CleveRocks
02-25-2010, 11:42 AM
We may go in Aug and stay at AKL for 5 days and receive the $750 GC. While I realize we can just use this to pay for our dining, I would really still like to get the DDP.

When do they give you the Gift Card? At check in?

If so, can I add the DDP to my reservation after the fact and use the gift card toward it? I would love it if you could do this?!?!?:mickey:

Also, we will probably stay 2 days at a value after the 5 days at AKL, can we sued it toward our stay at the value?PopPhan is correct, you can't use the gift card to pay for the DDP, for the reason stated.

As far as the two days at the Value resort, I'm assuming you'll be making a 2-night room-only reservation, as opposed to just walking up to the front desk and asking if they have a room available?

A room-only reservation requires a deposit of one night's stay plus taxes. So you will have already paid for one night prior to your arrival in Florida. But yes, you could use your gift card to pay for the 2nd night at the Value resort at the time you check-in at the Value resort.