PDA

View Full Version : Disney's PhotoPass Professional Portrait Sessions

forever a child
02-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Has anyone ever done Disney's PhotoPass Professional Portrait Sessions? :photo: What was your experience like? How did you like the photos? Did you feel it was worth the money? Where did you have it done at?

I am trying to decide if I would like to schedule a session. DD and I haven't had our portrait taken together in about 4 years. I thought it would be fun to have it done at Disney. But I am not sure if the quality is worth the price. I guess it is around $49 for the session and $99 if I purchase the CD with all of the portraits taken. Which I would probably do because then I can get as many as I want of all the photos that I like plus I can download them to our facebook pages.

Any thoughts?
Thanks!:mickey:

faline
02-24-2010, 09:14 AM
Here's (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=161281&highlight=resort+photo+pass) some information that might be useful.

LoriSan
02-24-2010, 10:28 AM
I did it in July with my DH and DS at the GF. I thought it was a good deal. I think it was $99 and I got the CD with about 65 pictures, and a small package of prints. Just keep in mind the time of the year. In July, although it was a morning session, it was BLAZING hot. In the photos on the beach, we were all squinting. The inside photos and ones in the shade came out nice though.

Disney Doll
02-24-2010, 04:38 PM
We did a session at the GF in Oct '08 for DS's 1st b-day. We were very happy. The photographer took her time and was really patient about working with our son. We got several good pics and I think the price is reasonable. We use a local photographer at home who charges about the same for a session on location & CD. Here are some of the best shots we got: http://www.theshultstatefamily.myphotoalbum.com/view_album.php?set_albumName=album09.

One thing I would recommend is to get an early morning or late afternoon session for the best outdoor lighting. We shot about 11am and the sun was pretty harsh. Lots of squinty eyes out on those beach shots.

forever a child
02-24-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks Disney Doll for sharing your photos! This helps a lot since I have never been to any of the Deluxe resorts I really have no idea of what would be the best background for shoot. Loved your family photos! Very sweet! Thanks!

Anyone else welling to share photos? I appreciate it! :mickey:

mickeys_princess_mom
02-24-2010, 10:49 PM
We had ours taken for our 30th anniversary at the GF. Very patient, did whatever we wanted. Pictures came out good. We were pleased! :wave:

forever a child
02-25-2010, 09:33 PM
We are excited to do this now and I need to decide on which resort. :scratch:

I also just got a coupon for 20% off! So does that mean 20% off the $99 since I am just going to buy the cd with all of the photos and the copyrights?:confused:

Which resort should I select??
Thanks!
:mickey: