PDA

View Full Version : Dpolz544 Spring Break Trip Report 2010

dpolz544
02-23-2010, 10:51 PM
We are currently 24 days until me and my GF fly to WDW!!

We just recently got our information in the mail

We will be staying for 7 days at the All-Star Sports Resort and during our stay we will have 4 park days..

We have been getting excited for our trip by watching Disney movies every night so far we have watched:

Monsters Inc.
The Rescuers
Brother Bear
Mary Poppins
Tarzan
The Rescuers Down Under
Ratouille
Up
Wall-e
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
Bolt

We also took a trip to the Disney store where I got a key chain and a Donald Duck tee shirt and my gf bought Minnie ears and Pooh tee shirt

Basically I will keep updating this page until we go! Hope you enjoy!

BigRedDad
02-24-2010, 06:10 AM
It will be here before you know it. One question: why only 4-days at the parks on a 7 day trip? The difference on a MYW with Hopper option is $11 for 4-days vs 7-days.

dpolz544
02-24-2010, 02:01 PM
It will be here before you know it. One question: why only 4-days at the parks on a 7 day trip? The difference on a MYW with Hopper option is $11 for 4-days vs 7-days.

Well we didn't do the Hopper option on our tickets at all because it cut the cost down a bunch.

We only choose 4 park days because we plan on spending a ton of time at the pool, do some resort hopping checking out what some of the other resorts have to offer, we plan on playing mini golf, maybe do a waterpark, shopping at Downtown Disney and Broadwalk. I feel like we choose only having 4 days just to have some time to relax.

mouseketeer mom
02-25-2010, 08:29 AM
This sounds wonderful. Love the relaxing time you built into your trip.

faline
02-25-2010, 08:53 AM
Have a wonderful trip! Those movies must be helping to put you in a Disney frame of mind!

dpolz544
03-19-2010, 08:34 AM
Today is the day!!!!! I can't believe it's finally here!

We are on our way to the airport!!!! We are so pumped... It was an early morning 4:20 am wake up but it is well worth it!!!

So pumped!!! There is nothing more exciting them being at the airport on your way to Disney

dpolz544
03-20-2010, 05:04 PM
We arrived in Orlando yesterday around 2:30 and took the Magical Express to our hotel the All-Star Sports Resort.....I do have to say the Magic Express is awesome!! Easy and our bags got to our room in 2 hours...When we got to the resort we found out we were in a room with a king bed for the two of us and the room is in a prime location about 266 steps for the bus stop 104 for the lobby and 34 from the pool lol and yes I did count.. We got a large pizza from the food at the resort and were very pleased huge size and it tasted great....Last night we took the monorail from Epcot to the Magic Kingdom and then finished the night at Jellyrolls and man did we have fun!!!

Long day, had its speed bumps but it turned out to be a great start to a much needed vacation!!! More later... Sorry about the weird format writing this on my blackberry!

faline
03-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Very nice room and location! Great start to your trip! Thanks for taking the time to check in wich us!

BigThunderFan
03-23-2010, 11:07 AM
Can't wait to hear your next report! Thanks for updating us while you are there!:mickey:

KylesMom
03-23-2010, 02:36 PM
It's great to hear that arrival was smooth and that you were placed in a prime room location. Looking forward to more details! :mickey:

dpolz544
03-23-2010, 03:09 PM
Sorry for the lack of updates...time just seems to fly by here!!!

As for Day 2 we ended up spending most of the day at All-Star Sports..... It was a beautiful day which we used to lay out by the pool.....we then later wonder around all 3 All Star resorts taking pictures by all the giant figures we did that for about 2 hours and had a blast doing it!

When night rolled around we headed to Downtown Disney....Man was it packed!! Other then the crowds we enjoyed all shopping and we ended up eating dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe.

So far everything has gone pretty well the only things I'm not digging are the waits for the buses (seems like way longer than the past) and how it seems that their are TONS of high school age kids who must be on Spring Break.. Just seems like there are no parents around...but aside from some excess noise we have noticed them a ton....

I try to get to the next two days in a while!! Thanks for reading!

dpolz544
03-23-2010, 03:40 PM
Well since I have some time here by the pool I'd figured I'd knock out a few more days....

Sunday was Magic Kingdom day!!! We got up at 7 were to the park by 8 and were actually the first in line to get in at 9.... We headed to Frontierland first... Fast Passed Big Thunder Mountain and the walked right onto to Splash Mountain... We then headed back to Thunder Mountain and were able to walk right on to the ride two times in a row..We then headed to The Swiss family Robinson Treehouse and the POTC ride....then we hit Big Thunder Mountain with the Fast Pass 3 times! Before 11!!.... We then took a history leasson in the Hall of Presidents...the gf and I felt it was a really good show!! We then took a ride through the Haunted Mansion and brought "our" ghost Lester with us!!! After that we fast passed Space Mountain and then waited in line for it as well.... We then did the Carousel of Progess, TTA, Stitch's Escape and then Space Mountain... We then got to the top of Astro Orbiter while on the ride it started to rain and it rained hard for a few hours.... We ended up going back to the resort to nap and get a change of clothes...

dpolz544
03-23-2010, 03:59 PM
It was around 7 PM when we returned to the Magic Kingdom...we then rode it's a small world, snow white dark ride (which the scared the #### out of me when she turned around! I jumped!).... We then did Buzz Lightyear Spin, Space Mountain again, Astro Orbiter again.

Then we found a pretty good spot to watch Wishes. I was so impressed with the fireworks!!! The finale was excellent!! We closed out our night with some shopping and hot dogs at Casey's!!!

Despite the rain we had a great time!!!!

yjgirl32
03-23-2010, 04:09 PM
Great report- thanks for sharing.

BriarRose0708
03-23-2010, 04:18 PM
You are having such a great time and getting a lot done for only one day in the Mk! I am looking forward to hearing more.:mickey:

faline
03-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Magic Kingdom days are always so much fun! Glad you enjoyed your day there!

mouseketeer mom
03-24-2010, 06:34 AM
I can feel the excitement in your posts!!! Sounds like a happy time. Love how you counted the steps to the pool and bus stop, and love the day that ended with Wishes and Caseys!

dpolz544
03-24-2010, 08:38 AM
Thanks for all the replies everyone!!

As I wait for the bus for Animal Kingdom I decided to fill everyone in on what we did Monday...

On Monday we went to Disney's Hollywood Studios. My gf has never been there so it was really cool to see the park through her eyes!!! Just like the previous we were on a bus early and got to the park once it opened! Best Advice I can give is get up early and go. The first thing we did we get a fast pass and ride Rockin Roller Coaster! That ride is sick! We then decided to wait in like at the Tower of Terror because there is way more to look at in that line compared to RRC. So we rode ToT twice and that was enough for my gf who got a little frightened on the ride (it was cute). We then rode the Great Movie Ride...its a good ride but if you get a Mugsy that isn't the best it isn't as fun but it was still good. We then walked through the Walt Disney Museum it was really interesting, and there were a ton of old items that were cool to see. We then walked through the Honey I Shrunk the Kids set. There were tons of kids around so I stay in there was short lived lol. After that we saw the Muppets 3-D show, I love the two old guys in the balcony they make the show!

We then went home to take a nap because of the late night at the MK we were so tired! Ill post the rest of the day later but the bus is almost at AK so I got to go!

Catch you all later!

pdrlkr
03-24-2010, 09:20 AM
Have a Magical Vacation! :tink: