PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Suggestions for Large Group?

mjaclyn
02-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Hi all! Our trip to WDW is growing and growing with every day that passes. LOL We currently have 25 people coming and although we don't plan on eating all of our meals together (thank goodness), we want to do at least one big group dinner. We came as a large group back in 2001 and had our 'group dinner' at 1900 Park Fare which no one liked at ALL. It was super noisy, very crowded, and the food was below average. Any suggestions on a few choices for such a large group? Any help greatly appreciated!! Thank you!

BigRedDad
02-24-2010, 09:43 AM
I think the Biergarten is a good choice. They have long tables that can accommodate big groups together.

faline
02-24-2010, 09:45 AM
You might also try:
Hoop De Doo Review
O'Hana's
Teppan Edo
Boma

BugeyedMuggy
02-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Biergarten is a great suggestion. We had a party of 10 & that was a pain. Places like LeCellier we had to be broken up into 2 tables or wait another hour for our ressies which we made 180 days in advance. Another suggestion would be Tepan Edo . You may need 2 grills but I'm sure they would put you together. Good luck

elmjimmlm
02-24-2010, 09:57 AM
We are going in a group of 18 and we made reservations at Yak and Yeti and the Spirit of Aloha... I am hoping at Yak and Yeti that we can sit upstairs in the room off by itself... When I made the reservation, I was given 3 res. numbers but it is for one party... I also had to call them directly and not make it with WDW dining...

wdwfansince75
02-24-2010, 11:47 AM
Most of our trips have been groups large than 12....and many venues have split us up...or made us wait....But we usually can find places that can seat us together....Never had to plan for a group as large as 25 at WDW, but have done so for family events and church events of larger groups....Takes time and flexibility to do so....Did much of the planning for my dad's 80th....wound up with 84 family members for lodging and a wonderful birthday dinner at Split Rock Lodge in the Poconos....off season. Have dreamed since then of winning the lottery, and having our brothers, sisters, kids, grandkids, neices and nephews, ect for a Disney Trip....including several special meals....
Grand Gatherings can handle any sized party, although they can get pricey....But consider being flexible....Once upon a time (cute phrase...wonder if anyone holds the copyright), the individual restaurants had some independence....met a family group on one trip who said they were able to have a large, private party at Tony's...in afternoon, before Tony's opened for supper....deal was that they would be out before opening time (think it was 4 PM)...had to pre-order from reduced menu...Thought of how I would handle planning for a group of fifty or more....or as small (?) as 20-40....Might want to directly contact one of the family service or menu service venues...Among my suggestions....Ohana, Coral Reef, Tony's, Trails End....Maybe contact Tusker House directly...ask about a late meal on an afternoon when there is no Safari Grand Gathering...Also consider contacting some of the convention type venues...the place at Coronado Springs, ect....You will probably pay a premium to have a more private meal for the crowd, but in the right setting, it may be worth it. Oh, and consider the excellent restaurants at Swan or Dolphin...

ElenitaB
02-24-2010, 07:19 PM
Great restaurants for large groups include 'Ohana, Boma, Kouzzina, Crystal Palace. You might have to book with group dining (I'm not sure what the "cut off" number is offhand but 18 is resonating for some reason). If you do go the group dining route, there are a few limitations regarding what time your group can dine.

Good luck with making the arrangements!

DizMom416
02-25-2010, 11:28 AM
Biergartin is a good choice, also Trails ENd at Fort Wilderness. WHen you book your adr's they consider a party of 10 or more a magical gathering and have special seatings for those. THe Luau is also a good choice because they have big long tables.

mjaclyn
02-25-2010, 08:08 PM
Thanks so much for all the suggestions!! I think the group wants to do a group breakfast now instead of a dinner, which actually works out a lot better because there are three 3-year-old girls in the group that will be going to BBB and I was thinking a group breakfast at Crystal Palace, Chef Mickey's or O'hana would be great right before heading to MK. The girls could go to the BBB after breakfast, do some rides in Fantasyland, then maybe do the Princess lunch or dinner at CRT (with a much smaller group of us, of course). Followed by Spectro and Wishes!! :-) I'm so excited! I can't wait to go!! :mickey:

wdwfansince75
02-25-2010, 08:36 PM
Unless they have really changed things, groups are only considered "Grand Gatherings" if you contact the group sales, and plan a "Group Gathering" We usually do meals with 12 or more several times every trip....But have never been able to schedule a GG....The events are not scheduled every day, but for a group as large as yours, they would give special consideration. One of the GG's is a character breakfast at Tony's....Check it out. It sells out early.

mouseketeer mom
02-26-2010, 08:20 AM
I recommend Ohana's. That way you can all stay seated together, and its family style. With Biergarten, you're all going to be getting up and down constantly. Not as much togetherness as you think.

ThanxForNoticin
02-26-2010, 06:18 PM
If the past 5 years, we've been fortunate enough to enjoy big family trips twice. Last year, we had 21, and we did 4 amazing meals all together. At 'OHana, Boma, and T-Rex, we all got to sit together. At Teppan Edo, we were split between 2 tables in the same room. On a past trip, we also had a great meal together at Portobella. Have a great time! Family meals like that are a lot of fun!