PDA

View Full Version : Question about Give A Day - Get A Day

mermaidmarian
02-23-2010, 07:55 PM
I have planned an 8 day visit to WDW in August, and because I will be buying a park pass for the extent of my visit, the actual value of a single free day (via the Give A Day - Get A Day promotion) is pretty limited. However, I would still like to have one of my volunteer initiatives credited toward Disney because I think that this is a very nice incentive that they have created to encourage volunteerism. I was wondering however, if there is some kind of mechanism to donate the "get a day" voucher to a charity such as Make A Wish, etc.

Does anyone know?

MegaDisney
02-23-2010, 08:02 PM
This direct from the website:

"The ticket is non-transferable so you may not give it to someone else, but you may donate your ticket to one of the following non-profit organizations designated by Disney Parks through this site:

◦Boys & Girls Clubs of Central Florida
◦Boys & Girls Clubs of Southern California
◦Dreams Take Flight Canada"

The donation is handled when you sign into the website to print your voucher. There is an option to donate it.

mermaidmarian
02-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Oh that is awesome! Thanks so much!

MegaDisney
02-23-2010, 08:10 PM
Here is a link to the Give-A-Day FAQ's (http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/disneyparks/en_US/WhatWillYouCelebrate/index?name=Give-A-Day-Get-A-Disney-Day-Terms-Conditions-FAQs#groupFive).

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-23-2010, 08:27 PM
Since you already have an admission ticket, you have a couple of choices:

If I have a valid multi-day ticket or an Annual Pass or Passport, is there anything else that I can receive?

Guests who present a valid multi-day ticket or Annual Pass or Passport may choose from one of the following three options instead of receiving the free 1-day, 1-park ticket:

◦Disney's FASTPASS® Special Exchange Cards for certain attractions for you and up to 5 additional members of your party. †
◦A Special Ear Hat figurine with unique trading pins‡
◦Donate your free ticket to one of the select non-profit organizations designated by Disney Parks:

florida girl
02-23-2010, 10:34 PM
What if I am buying an annual pass w/ DVC discount the first day of my next trip. Does anyone know if I can use the volunteer voucher to get a cut in price on my annual pass? Also, if so how much of a cut is it?

hueyrulz
02-24-2010, 06:52 PM
Two weeks ago I used my voucher as a credit towards a 7 day park pass. The credit was $79 + tax (about $84). I did it when I purchased my park pass at guest relations just to the right of the turnstiles at the MK.