PDA

View Full Version : Por

GoldenDreams
02-23-2010, 04:12 PM
Hi Everyone,

I'm considering POR for my next vacation, but am only interested in staying in the mansions section, not the Bayou. If we request the mansions, do you think we'll get them? Has anyone ever made this request and not ended up with what they asked for? I know a lot of people specifically pick the bayou because they need the trundle bed, so I'm hoping the odds would work in my favor.

Also, I'm only basing my wishes on the photos of the rooms. Is there anything that makes the bayou section attractive that I might be missing?

Thanks for your help.

Zimkeeper
02-23-2010, 04:25 PM
We have stayed at POR several times and always request the Mansion section. We have never had any problems getting our request. Also, we usually request, upon arrival, a top floor corner room and have always been accommodated. I guess it depends on the time of year that you are going.
We love the Mansion Section and the quiet pool areas. Good luck and have a great trip.

forever a child
02-23-2010, 04:29 PM
I requested Mansion section on our last stay and had no problems in being placed there. Plan on making the same request for this May.:D
:mickey:

mom2morgan
02-23-2010, 04:48 PM
I requested the Mansion and did NOT get them - but it was POP-Warner time in early December with the cheerleaders. I've stayed in both, and I do love the mansions - not so much for room decor, but for the surrounding landscaping and the little walk by the river. THAT SAID - it is still the same resort and all the other amenities are excellent as well. Although somewhat disappointed with the Bayou (which, by the way, lots of people LOVE the theming of) it was still POR in every other way. I like the food court, Fulton's General store, the great pool and all the quiet pools, the boat to DTD and the proximity of POFQ if you MUST have beignets for breakfast. I'd say take a risk - ask for the Mansions - but I think you'll still enjoy it even if you don't get them.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-23-2010, 06:23 PM
We stayed in the Bayou section and loved it.

We loved the rustic feeling of the rooms, and the dense vegetation and winding paths. It was just fine, so don't panic if you don't get your Mansion request.

Scott C
02-23-2010, 06:56 PM
On our 2nd POR trip -- May 99 I believe -- we requested mansions and were denied at check in. What a blessing--nothing against the mansions but we found that we actually preferred AB. My advice would be to make your preference known -- but don't worry about it. YOU WILL have a great vacation either way...........and who knows you might prefer AB anyhow.

Thanks
Scott C

Genie1953
02-23-2010, 07:23 PM
Also, we usually request, upon arrival, a top floor corner room and have always been accommodated.

Was just wondering....why a top floor corner room? What is different about them? Do they have a better view? We will be there in April and just wondering.

crltkcagle
02-23-2010, 07:57 PM
Never hurts to ask. We stay in Alligator Bayou section and love it! So if you aren't able to stay in the mansion section it won't be horrible. AB is a very nice quiet area.

Amy_617
02-24-2010, 12:18 AM
We have stayed in both the Magnolia Bend and Alligator Bayou. We like the Mansions better, but the Bayou isn't bad at all. We have been three times to this resort, the first 2 times we asked to be placed in Magnolia Bend, and were given a mansion room no problem, the last time we were only there for a weekend and didn't really mind which side we were placed in, and it ended up being AB. We liked it ok, not as fancy and romantic (we tought) as MB, but still good. You can also call a few days before arriving and let them know that being in the magnolia bend section is important to you, then again at check-in and they will try their best to make you happy. But don'y worry either way you will be pleasantly surprised!! :thumbsup:

Zimkeeper
02-25-2010, 09:39 AM
Genie1953
We like to be on the top floor because it is quieter. No noise above you and the corner rooms have two large windows so they feel larger and brighter.
We have stayed in other rooms and do not mind, but if we can get a corner room, it feels a little more special.

#1donaldfan
02-25-2010, 01:11 PM
....some of the AB section is closer to the main bus depot and food court....eg: bldg 14 /18 / 27 etc....the rooms are identical with the exception of the decor.....I'd say, whatever you get, your gonna love your stay !!!:thumbsup:

Genie1953
02-25-2010, 11:53 PM
Genie1953
We like to be on the top floor because it is quieter. No noise above you and the corner rooms have two large windows so they feel larger and brighter.
We have stayed in other rooms and do not mind, but if we can get a corner room, it feels a little more special.

Thanks so much for the info....do these corner rooms have two beds in them? They do sound wonderful....I think we will need to try to get one on our trip in April.