PDA

View Full Version : My Disney trip

cajundisneyfreak
02-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Arrived on Sat.Feb.13th.It was our 1st time staying at the Polynesian.Didn't go to a park.Explored the hotel.It is a beautiful place.Would have enjoyed it more had it not been so cold.It was in the 30's,40's,50's while we were there.The wind chill made it feel colder.We had dinner at Ohana's and could see Wishes from our table.That is until alot of kids came running to the window.That's so rude.They are screaming and bumping into you while you are trying to eat.Sunday we went to Magic Kingdom.It was open till 3:00am.We stayed till 2:00am.When we left we were the only ones on Main St.They didn't have alot of people out because of the cold.It was neat and kind of creepy at the same time.lol We ate at Tony's Town Square for dinner.Monday we went to Hollywood Studios.Saw the american idol show.They had a lady from Chauvin,Louisiana on there and she won.Yay! Watched the block party bash for the first time.Had a dance party with the characters at disney playhouse live.Rode toystory mania once cause the wait times were ridiculous.Ate dinner at 50's PrimeTime.I love that place.Food is always good and funny atmospere.Didn't get to watch Fantasmic.They only have it on Sundays,Tuesdays,and Thursdays.We went to Epcot on Tuesday.Ate in China for dinner.On Ash Wednesday we went to church.Then to Epcot for fisn&chips in UK.For dinner we ate at Cape May cafe at the beach club.The food was good.Oh I almost forgot to mention we had tonga toast for breakfast at the resort.Delicious.Thursday breakfast at Ohana's.Then off to Animal Kingdom.Friday we went to MK to eat at the Harbour house and hit a few rides.Went back to the hotel to try and swim since it was in the 60's.Went down the water slide 3 times and stayed in the pool for a little bit then got out.It was too cold.Ate dinner at Whispering Canyon Cafe.Good as always.Went to Epcot afterwards.Saturday checked out the hotel.Went to downtown disney.Ate at wolfgang puck express.Delicious.Did some shopping.Today it got up to 72.Why couldn't it be llike that for the whole trip instead of our last day? Went to MK stayed to watch the fireworks.Hit the confectionary on the way out to use up our snack credits then started our long drive home.My sister cried.She hates it when we have to leave.All in all it was a great vacation.Despite the crowds and cold weather.I do have one more thing to say.Why do people leave their trash everywhere? They have garbage cans every 4-6 feet.Would it kill you to put your trash in the trash can? It seems like the parks get dirtier everytime I go cause people are so lazy and disrespectful.

Ms. Mode
02-23-2010, 11:39 AM
Isn't it amazing how cold 40 degrees can feel? We had the same temps. the first week of January.Sounds like you had a great trip...are you planning your return yet?

I too have noticed the trash problem around the parks, I think it must be the reduction of CMs around the parks. Anyway, we should all learn to put our trash in the cans :thumbsup:

KylesMom
02-25-2010, 09:11 AM
Wow, it sounds like you had some wonderful meals while you were there. We're trying 50's for the first time during our upcoming vacation - I'm really looking forward to it!

Bummer that the weather waited until your last day to improve. Glad you had a good time despite the crowds & weather - thanks for sharing! :mickey:

faline
02-25-2010, 10:09 AM
Good trip! Glad you had fun despite the weather!

SBETigg
02-25-2010, 10:44 AM
It's sad that people litter in the parks (or anywhere). I agree- how hard is it to walk a few steps to a trash can? They are everywhere at WDW. Also, glad the cold didn't get you down. It has been pretty cold in FL lately, wow. Only ones on Main Street? That must have been very cool (but a little creepy, as you say). Glad you had some good food and great times. Thanks for reporting.

mouseketeer mom
02-26-2010, 09:05 AM
You had lots of good eats on your trip!
I'm hearing more and more about litter in the parks...that is a shame.
Sounds like you made the most of it, in spite of the cold. Thanks for reporting!