PDA

View Full Version : AP Payment Plan coming to WDW

MegaDisney
02-23-2010, 09:55 AM
I read that the monthly payment plan that Disneyland offered for Annual Passholders in 2008 will be extended to Walt Disney World Passholders later this year. An official announcement is expected sometime next week, when Disney is also expected to debut a new Annual Passport that will be valid at both the Florida and California Resorts.

No information is available if the monthly-payment option will be offered for the combined Walt Disney World / Disneyland Resort annual passport.

seanyred
02-23-2010, 12:31 PM
Not a bad idea. I wonder does the payment plan have a fee attached to it? Hopefully not but it wouldn't surprise me if it did.

Also how do they keep people honest with paying the full amount? In other words can you not use the pass until it is payed in full or do you just have to be current in payments?

MegaDisney
02-23-2010, 12:40 PM
The way it works at Disneyland there is no additional fee.

If your payment is not made the AP locks and you are unable to use it until you catch up the payments.

DizneyFreak2002
02-23-2010, 07:41 PM
Good idea if this is implemented... Universal uses this for their annual pass, and their annual pass isn't as expensive as Disney's...

Dsnygirl
02-24-2010, 03:57 AM
This would be GREAT.... :mickey:

katzctkpt
02-24-2010, 09:48 AM
Sure wish they would offer AP's to those who have been to WDW / DL 5 or more times whether they live in Florida or not.

elmjimmlm
02-24-2010, 10:05 AM
I have read on another site that it will be made possible to pay monthly with a credit card... I guess like paying it where it comes out every month automatic... Hope it will be available for the rest of us...:thumbsup:

seanyred
02-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Sure wish they would offer AP's to those who have been to WDW / DL 5 or more times whether they live in Florida or not.

But you can by an Annual Pass if you don't live in Florida. You just can't by a Florida Annual Pass.

Dznygrl79
02-24-2010, 02:12 PM
Universal and Sea World parks offer this option with easy pay. It comes out the same day everymonth from your account or card. I think it would make life easier I hate waiting til I get to the park or calling on the phone to purchase I love the automated idea!

ChipNDale79
02-24-2010, 04:27 PM
Will this only be for FL residents? My wife and I are seriously considering not renewing our passes in July because of the cost. However if we were extended this option, we would renew.

I really hope Disney does not cut non FL residents out of this.

Dsnygirl
02-24-2010, 10:31 PM
Just saw in an Orlando newspaper that it is expected for this to only be for FL residents... that just stinks. :(

The only hope of it being different might lie in the fact that more people from out of state go to WDW than to DL, and more out-of-staters have AP's for WDW than DL... so maybe once they see that the revenue isn't all that great w/ just FL people doing it, they'll open it up to everyone. Again, that's just my hope.... ;)

seanyred
02-25-2010, 01:12 PM
Just saw in an Orlando newspaper that it is expected for this to only be for FL residents... that just stinks. :(

The only hope of it being different might lie in the fact that more people from out of state go to WDW than to DL, and more out-of-staters have AP's for WDW than DL... so maybe once they see that the revenue isn't all that great w/ just FL people doing it, they'll open it up to everyone. Again, that's just my hope.... ;)

That stinks...I wonder if there would be any logistical issues with opening to everyone right away. I hope that after the intial phase of Florida residents that it opens up for the rest of us.

brianjdu4
03-03-2010, 04:02 PM
Okay, so what's the word on this? Is it true? I heard this was a perk for Florida residents only. Why not AP holders from other states?

DizneyRox
03-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Okay, so what's the word on this? Is it true? I heard this was a perk for Florida residents only. Why not AP holders from other states?

You see, out of state folks get the AP because their one or two vacations justify the cost. Even at one vacation a year, the AP can be a good deal. If I were "smart" I would get one, pay the first month, use it for my vacation, and then never pay another monthly payment.

"Locals" are more likely to get the pass and actually use it for a year, needing to keep current on the payments.

All depends on the payments. The first monthly payment needs to exceed the cost of at least a 14 day ticket, IMHO, to prevent people from working the system.

ChipNDale79
03-04-2010, 08:47 AM
So after the year is up and someone hasnt paid it off, they should increase the interest rate, or report it to a credit agency.

I'll go to disney more of often if i was able to do this, therefor disney would make more money off of me.

MegaDisney
03-05-2010, 10:11 AM
Read somewhere that this is on hold.

vws_and_disney
03-31-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm still going to get the AP anyway, but having this choice sure would be nice.

MegaDisney
03-31-2010, 04:54 PM
If I were "smart" I would get one, pay the first month, use it for my vacation, and then never pay another monthly payment.

Payments are made via auto debit from the account.

If you stopped the payment the wording on the agreement states that the full amount becomes due and you authorize them to debit the entire amount from you checking or savings.