PDA

View Full Version : Using DCL transportation vs private shuttle

Mom2threeboys
02-23-2010, 09:28 AM
Hi! We are going on our first Disney Cruise Feb 2011 and I am not sure which would be better to do - should we use the DCL Transportation to take us from POP to the port or get a private shuttle? It would save us alot of money to get a private shuttle-there are 2 adults and 4 kids. If we get a private shuttle, what will happen with all of our luggage? Do we have to carry it onto the ship ourselvles? If our stateroom isn't ready, would we have to walk around the ship lugging the suitcases with us? Any help would be appreciated, as this is all new to me!:blush:

Ed
02-23-2010, 10:18 AM
Hi! We are going on our first Disney Cruise Feb 2011 and I am not sure which would be better to do - should we use the DCL Transportation to take us from POP to the port or get a private shuttle? It would save us alot of money to get a private shuttle-there are 2 adults and 4 kids. If we get a private shuttle, what will happen with all of our luggage? Do we have to carry it onto the ship ourselvles? If our stateroom isn't ready, would we have to walk around the ship lugging the suitcases with us? Any help would be appreciated, as this is all new to me!:blush:

It sounds to me like you'd be better using a private shuttle. As you stated, it will be cheaper. And you will have more flexibility in that you can tell them what time you want to be picked up, or perhaps you want to make a stop along the way to the port, which you can't do with DCL buses. I'd highly recommend our sponsor, Quicksilver Tours & Transportation (http://www.quicksilver-tours.com/).

When you get to the port, your baggage will be unloaded at the curb, where porters will take it inside the terminal building; you won't see it again until it arrives at your stateroom. (BTW, it's customary to tip the porters - I usually do $2 per bag.)

You should keep a small carry-on bag with you, containing your travel papers, passports, wallet, keys, medications, etc. Since your stateroom won't be ready until 1:30 pm or later, you might also want to carry on bathing suits in case you want to use the pool before your room is ready.

:captain:

Mom2threeboys
02-23-2010, 06:26 PM
Thank you so much - you have really helped me make my decision alot easier!! :thumbsup: