PDA

View Full Version : Arriving late - ticket question

lindkaye
02-23-2010, 02:06 AM
Hi - We are planning a 17 day trip in September to POR - family of 5. We will be arriving late in the evening as it is approx 6 hour flight from Seattle - if no layovers. We already have to split our reservations twice as the oldest 2 kids are leaving a week earlier than us to return. My question is - since we are arriving so late there is no way we can use the dining or MYW tickets for the arrival date - so I am just throwing that $ out the window - right? Should I book just a room only reservaton for that nite and then another reservation the next day? This would mean 3 different reservations - Ugh. Not sure if its worth it - Can anyone give me their experience and advice? Would appreciate it - thank you. :confused:

BigRedDad
02-23-2010, 02:13 AM
You can get a MYW ticket for any number of days you like. However, they are only valid for 14 days from the first day you use them. For you and your husband, AP may be the better answer. For your sons, MYW is the least expenseive option. As for dining, you are not throwing away the meals. You just have that much more to cram into fewer days. In other words, you can have 2 TS meals one day, and 2 QS meals another day. This still leaevs you with 1 TS and 1 QS meal each of the other days.

faline
02-23-2010, 08:30 AM
It gives you the opporutnity to save your table service meal from your first night and use it at a signature restaurant on another night that requires 2 table service credits. You could also use your quick service credit to do a breakfast and a lunch on another day.

CleveRocks
02-23-2010, 03:19 PM
Hi - We are planning a 17 day trip in September to POR - family of 5. We will be arriving late in the evening as it is approx 6 hour flight from Seattle - if no layovers. We already have to split our reservations twice as the oldest 2 kids are leaving a week earlier than us to return. My question is - since we are arriving so late there is no way we can use the dining or MYW tickets for the arrival date - so I am just throwing that $ out the window - right? Should I book just a room only reservaton for that nite and then another reservation the next day? This would mean 3 different reservations - Ugh. Not sure if its worth it - Can anyone give me their experience and advice? Would appreciate it - thank you. :confused:

You've already received great info above ... I'll just add a few tidbits.

Even if you can't, for some reason, reserve a "smaller" theme park ticket, you will be losing out on very very little money. After Day 4, park admission for Days 5-10 are only $3 each. Yes, three bucks a day. So if you can change the ticket (that is, if you have not yet made the final payment on your package), then sure, go ahead and order a ticket that is one day smaller. But if you can't, you're only out $3 per person.

Your Disney Dining Plan credits are calculated by how many nights you are paying for your room. However, you can use them any way you want them. Again, Disney determines how many credits you get based on your room nights, but at the moment of check-in you have ALL of those credits on your Key To The World Cards. You can use those credits in any pattern or in any manner you see fit, up until 11:59 p.m. on your check-out day. You are NOT limited to USING a certain number of credits on each day ... you could pig out and use them all up on Day One if you really wanted to! :D :ack: