PDA

View Full Version : Day 5, Wednesday 1/27, CBR

Mousefever
02-23-2010, 02:00 AM
Tom – husband and dad, and up way too early!
Me (Amy) – 38, mom and planner
Jacob – 11, very surprised kid

Today was our Animal Kingdom day and we were at the bus stop by 8:30 am. It probably took 10 minutes for the bus to come, but I was busy during that time and throughout the whole bus ride. A family, from near our city, had just gotten in the night before and the mom was telling me about their plans. They had 4-day tickets and thought they would go to Animal Kingdom, Magic Kingdom, Epcot, and Typhoon Lagoon. I mentioned that there was a 4th park called Hollywood Studios. “Oh, we thought that was a different park!” I explained that they were thinking of Universal Studios, which is completely different. “Oh!” Through a series of question I was able to determine that they only had a 4-day base pass, and would have had to pay extra for a water park. Needless to say, I spent much of the bus ride gently educating them.

We didn’t make it to park opening, but by this point in the week, I could tell that we weren’t going to have long waits on anything. We walked onto Expedition Everest twice, but had to stop at the gift shop. There was a funny t-shirt there that we had to get for Tom. It was a picture of the body of a yeti up to the collar and the wearer of the shirt is the head of the yeti. It says “Hairy Guys Rule!” The irony is that Tom is quite bald on his head, but is certainly not bald on the body! So we got a chuckle out of our own family joke.

Then we meandered through the Maharaja Jungle Trek, and made our way to Africa. I was hoping to see Ivy Devine, and I was not disappointed! We stood, mesmorized, for a little while before heading to Kilaminjaro Safari. Although we could have easily fast passed this, we decided to wait the 20 minutes in the stand-by line. This has been our longest wait so far this week. The animals weren’t very active, but we did see baby elephants and baby giraffes.

Jacob was itching to do some pin trading, so we walked toward the front of the park, stopping at every kiosk and store. We had fast passed Everest earlier, so Jacob and I rode it once more before we stopped for lunch at the Yak and Yeti counter service. Jacob and I split the shrimp lomein, and Tom had the honey chicken. Both were quite satisfying! I was tired, so I convinced the guys to go on without me. I was heading back to Caribbean Beach for some shut-eye!

While I napped, they watched Finding Nemo, the Musical and then the calypso band outside afterward. They came back to the room and joined me in napping. This time, we did not nap so late, and decided to go to Downtown Disney for the evening. Really, I just wanted to eat at the Earl of Sandwich again. I cannot get enough of the All American sandwich there. I love the combination of turkey and cranberry! I heartily wish this restaurant would come to Denver! We shopped for a few more items, including 2 My Little Pony sets for a friend and a granddaughter. We also got Jacob’s name embroidered on a Goofy stocking at the 12 Days of Christmas store. Jacob was also able to view the big pin board at the pin store. Unfortunately there were no new Goofy’s that he doesn’t already have.

We were home by 9:00 pm and in bed shortly afterward.

faline
02-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Gotta love those low crowds days!

It was nice of you to help out that other family. Honestly, though, you'd think folks would take a little time to get acquainted with the spot they've chosen for vacation!

KylesMom
02-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Very nice to help out the newbies who didn't quite have their plans in order. :thumbsup:

Another great day with non-existent lines for the top attractions.

Going to DTD at the end of the day just for the sandwich? It must be really good! :D Disney's 25 Days of Christmas always gets a good chunk of our souvenir budget each year. Glad you found something Goofy for Jacob! :mickey:

DizNee143
02-23-2010, 12:17 PM
sounds like a good day at the animal kingdom!
and a good night at downtown disney..
i was disappointed with the earl of sandwich last time i was there..but i wanna give it another shot whenever we go back...i absolutely loved it the first time i had it in 2007..:thumbsup:

mouseketeer mom
02-23-2010, 09:13 PM
You're making me so hungrey talking about this American sandwich! Lucky you! You got to see Devine. I haven't caught her yet.

SBETigg
02-23-2010, 10:02 PM
Love the AK, and such quick waits, no big lines. Excellent! I still have not tried Earl of Sandwich.

princessgirls
02-24-2010, 10:12 AM
Devine is amazing...
We caught her when we were in line for a quick lunch at a little counter stand near the Safari. My girls did not know what to make of her.

A great AK day! Glad your "men" had a little bonding time.

Julie:mickey:

vizsla
03-01-2010, 05:20 AM
Thanks for the report.

yjgirl32
03-01-2010, 09:02 AM
Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
03-01-2010, 04:39 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

DisneyorBust
03-07-2010, 07:23 AM
Walking on to Expedition Everest...twice! Love WDW when the crowds cooperate. :D