PDA

View Full Version : Day 10, Monday 2/1, CBR

Mousefever
02-23-2010, 01:54 AM
Tom – husband and dad, and up way too early!
Me (Amy) – 38, mom and planner
Jacob – 11, very surprised kid

We were up fairly early, but we didn’t feel rushed. I had packed my stuff and Jacob’s stuff the night before. Tom chose to pack in the morning, but he was early and had plenty of time. We decided to walk our bags to Barbados since it was just the next village over. It was overcast, but it didn’t start sprinkling until we were almost at the Customs House. We stowed our luggage and caught a bus for Magic Kingdom. I have no idea why I packed the umbrellas and left them with the luggage, but I did. But the guys had hats and I had a hood, so we braved the rain. We rode Buzz and then TTA and then it started raining harder. None of us wanted to be soaked, so we walked through the Emporium one more time and dodge raindrops back to the CBR bus stop.

Because we left MK earlier than expected we went to Old Port Royale one more time and grabbed a snack. We still ended back at the Customs House an hour early for our 2:30 pm Magical Express bus. I approached a bell person and asked if it was possible to take an earlier bus. He said, “You can always try. Here comes one now.” I certainly wouldn’t expect to be able to do this, but it was nice that the early bus was able to accommodate us. In fact, the bus wasn’t even 1/3 full. We were the first stop at MCO, but we found that the Frontier ticket counter wouldn’t open for another 20 minutes. We weren’t stressed though, like some in line, and they were on the same plane as we were. In fact, we had time to stroll through some of the shops and eat an early dinner. We bought treats for the dog at Dog-E-Works. When we got to our gate I went hunting for Wi-Fi and ice cream for Jacob. I found them both at the food court area in the concourse. Actually, I bought him a chocolate frozen yogurt shake because there was no ice cream to be found.

Our flight back to Denver was mainly uneventful. Jacob finished his last assignment on the plane, but fell asleep afterwards. He woke up when the plane was descending, and he mumbled something to me. “What?” “I think I’m going to throw up.” And then he threw up into his lap. Before the second round I was able to find a plastic bag. We waited until everyone else got off the plane, asked for some paper towels and cleaned up as best we could. They also got a cleaning crew to come down and clean up any residual mess. It wasn’t the best ending to a trip, but we managed and finally got home. Even though I wasn’t crazy about the idea, we kept Jacob home from school one more day to make sure he didn’t have a stomach bug.

It took me about two weeks to unpack everything. It’s hard to want to wash summer clothes in the winter. ☺

KylesMom
02-23-2010, 12:14 PM
It's a shame that the weather didn't cooperate with you on your last day. And it is awful that DS, on the last leg of your trip, was caught off guard - and so were you. :( I hope that this was just an upset tummy and not a flu bug!

Yes, I can only imagine trying to motivate to do the laundry when you won't be wearing most of the clothes any time soon! :mickey:

Off to read your final post . . . wahhhh!

faline
02-23-2010, 12:21 PM
Sorry you didn't get as much Magic Kingdom time as you might have liked. Still, it allowed you to have a very leisurely time at the airport prior to your flight!

Off to read your final summary!

BigThunderFan
02-23-2010, 04:44 PM
Sorry to hear about the "protein spill" on the plane, but at least it was close to the end. Imagine if that happened as the plane was taking off, or if it was the middle of your week! Being sick at Disney can not be any fun at all!:(

DizNee143
02-24-2010, 08:43 AM
at least you guys were able to go to the MK for alittle before leaving..i hope your son didnt come down with anything...

mouseketeer mom
02-24-2010, 09:38 AM
Oh, poor Jacob! Not a good end to the trip.

yjgirl32
03-01-2010, 11:18 AM
Poor thing. I hope he was ok. Thanks for sharing.

pdrlkr
03-01-2010, 04:45 PM
Thanks for the Report! :smickey:

vizsla
03-06-2010, 05:33 AM
Thanks for the report.

DisneyorBust
03-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Sorry to read that your last day was so magical. Hope that your son got better soon.