PDA

View Full Version : Couldn't Have Been Much Better

Gator
02-23-2010, 01:40 AM
Ok, so it could've been...but I'll save that for last.

The trip lasted from Jan 19-27. We stayed at the AKL-Kidani. The resort was very nice. Especially in comparrison to the ASMov we stayed at last time (horrid). I'll say this...Kidani seemed smaller than Jambo in everyway. The lobby was incredibly small - I've seen bigger at moderates. The halls were quite narrow, so it was hard getting a double stroller through when others were walking by. Even the wheel chair ramp down to the bus stop was hair pin turns. But the bus service was excellent (reference ASMov again). And the views of the animals on the savanah were great.

Here's the highlights of the parks: Day 1hit the DHS the first day and met up with some friends. Took my DD 4yo on her first big girl ride, Star Tours. She loved it. We hit the Indiana Jones show, and I got selected to be in it! Not only that, I got MY OWN DEATH SCENE. It was awesome. What a great experience. My DD then rode ToT...which she said was too fast. The bad part...no Fantasmic! Decided to hit the parks with low crowds rather than catch. I love the show and missed it, but I loved the short lines.

Day 2 Hit Epcot - my favorite place in the world. It was 80 degrees, so it was warm. No lines at the Character Spot, so the kids got pics with all the characters. Hit the Akershus and the Princess Lunch, which my kids loved. My son went right up to Belle and introduced himself as Prince Charming. Funny. Finally got to hit Soarin' for the first time at WDW (hit it at DL in 06). Forgot what a great ride it was. Liberty Voices were great as always. Met with my friends again and enjoyed Illuminations.

Day 3 MK is always great. The tarp covering the Castle wasn't as bad as I thought, but the drained and the Crystal Palace boarded up was. And the worst part....NO SPLASH MOUNTAIN. I knew it was down, but my DD still asked all day to ride it. And I'm still upset with Disney for closing it. Still, the lines at everything else were minimal. And the kids loved Goofy's Barnstormer. Hope the rumors are wrong and they keep that ride. Caught Wishes with a seat right next to the Castle. Big Mistake...we could barely see the fireworks. Those seats stunk.

Day 4 AK - Saturdays are always busy, and this was no exception. Still, we got to hit Nemo Live, ExEv, and KS, and some other fun stuff. We finished the day at Chef Mickey's. The kids loved the characters.

More Highlights from Day 5-8 I was selected to be King Arthur for the World Showcase Players (I thought they only chose old guys?:D). Went to Cinderella's Royal Table with the kids dressed and Cinderella and Prince Charming - that was great. Finally got to see DeVine after 5 trips...it was the worth the wait. She was pretty hot, in her own Orion Slave Girl way. Got to hang with some different friends and went to eat with them at Boma's...which wasn't all that great. I was expecting more. Hit the studios one more time before the flight in the evening.

All in all, it was a great trip. The only things I missed was Splash Mountain and Fantasmic. Those are pretty big things, but I'll just have to watch old home videos to get my fix.

I only hope I can return their soon. But it doesn't look real good right now. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

KylesMom
02-23-2010, 09:10 AM
You got to do some awfully special things this trip - between all of the new experiences with your kids and being chosen for the Indy show & King Arthur, it sounds like a great time. Thanks for sharing! :mickey:

faline
02-23-2010, 12:26 PM
Congrats on your show participation! Glad you were able to have a good time, even with the refurbishments!