PDA

View Full Version : On line check in?

cajunmickey
02-22-2010, 07:43 PM
Last time we were at Disney was 2008. I just booked with magical journeys. Karen sent me a list of sites, making reservation, etc. One is the on line check in. Could someone please explain to me what this is an how it works. We have a reservation for 2 rooms at POFQ. How far in advanced do we need to sign up?

PopPhan
02-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Online Check-In allows you to actually do the majority of your resort check in online (yes, I realize that sounds redundant) 10 days before your arrival date. You can attach your credit card information for charging purposes, so you don't have to worry about that upon arrival.

Once you get to your resort, there will be a separate 'Check In' line where you go to pick up your documentation, KTTW card, parking pass, etc.

This is supposed to help check in lines move more quickly.

One Note: Please do not use this line for asking questions outside of checking in, go to the Concierge Desk for that.

cajunmickey
02-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Thanks for the help. I wasn't sure what this was about or if it was worth trying. Will they tell you what rooms you have before you arrive?:mickey:

PopPhan
02-23-2010, 08:38 AM
Unfortunately, no, your room will be assigned about 3 days before you arrive (which is the standard)

Depending upon when you arrive and if your room is ready, you might still need to wait before you could get in the room. You would get a KTTW card that has your MYW tickets activated, but the room lock would still be inactive.

Simbajr4ever
02-25-2010, 09:26 PM
Wondering if your room location is given or if you can check if your request was given? I mean this for the online check in desk? Would they still consider checking to be sure your request was not open?

thanks, sj:mickey:

lindique
02-26-2010, 08:40 AM
I've done the on line check-in a couple of times now. One of the advantages (at least it was for me) is that my room was ready when I got there. When you check in on the website, they ask you your time of arrival and departure. So maybe they match up departing guest times with new arrivals so more people get assigned rooms that are ready when they get there. (Just a theory, but it worked for me!):mickey:

BigRedDad
02-26-2010, 09:35 AM
I just completed Online Check-in the other day. It was pretty smooth. It did offer a few room location checks, but nothing nearly what most people would require. I am going to call CSR a couple days in advance to provide further room requests. Typically, rooms do not bother us. However, my mother is going and she recently hurt her foot, hip and ankle on ice. We need a 1st floor non-handicap room maybe close to a bus stop. That is all we want to be sure is taken care of if at all possible.