PDA

View Full Version : Disney with 2 year old

momtoaacm
02-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Hi, this is the first time that I will be doing Disney with a 2 year old. I want to prepare her for what we will see and do. Is there any particular movie or book that you can think of? She is familiar with Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, but she doesn't really sit still for the longer movies yet.

Thanks,
Misty

princess0511
02-22-2010, 06:13 PM
I would order the disney world planning dvd from disney. It is free and shows alot!

BigRedDad
02-22-2010, 06:17 PM
We did a lot of YouTube videos and Vimeo videos. Showing our DD different things she would see helped a little. It did take 2.5 days for her to go up to a character by herself. She went blew past Minnie and went straight to Disney. The lady behind us in line was in tears watching it.

Itchy
02-22-2010, 06:45 PM
First of All. :welcome: to Intercot

I have found that this site is the best. I you have a questions, there is always some type of answer.

I took my grand daughter when she was 18 months old and mom had Mickey Mouse Club video's and watched it on the TV. Disney kids books were good as well.

She knew Mickey and friends before we got there but it was such a hoot to see her respond to seeing the charaters for the first time up close. Nothing like seeing disney through a childs eyes. I am taking her back in May and cant wait to see her reaction this time at 2 1/2.

Hope this helps. :mickey:

scootch713
02-22-2010, 07:53 PM
No preparation necessary, just sit back and enjoy. I took my girls for the first time when they were 5 and 2 1/2 thinking my 5 year old was the perfect age. Well.... my 2 1/2 year old came back a walking disney world commercial:cloud9: Just one word of advise, whatever she enjoys, let her enjoy.. even if it is watching the castle show 4 times in 3 days(haha.. that is what we did) It is not about seeing everything, it is about enjoying what you see. Be sure to take an afternoon nap... probably too much advise... sorry, but reading the title of your post brought back many wonderful memories for me. My babies are now 10 and almost 8. :-o

seanyred
02-22-2010, 09:21 PM
We just took our 2 year old in November and we are going again this weekend (one more free trip for DS before he turns 3). I used the You Tube method and showed him rides that he would be able to go on. Looking back it took him a couple of days to warm up to the characters and getting used to going to the park. As others have said I agree with letting them set the pace a little bit (we rode Donald's Boat Ride in Mexico 5 or 6 times in a row:mickey:) ) Just take it easy and you'll have a great time.