PDA

View Full Version : Question about Gift Cards?

Deesdisney
02-22-2010, 12:23 PM
I am planning on going in Dec. and I am trying to save money up for this trip. I was wondering if any one has used the gift cards? Was it easy and did anyone have problems with them? I will be putting money on them once a month hoping to have enough to pay for extras. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

faline
02-22-2010, 12:25 PM
My understanding is that they are widely accepted throughout Disney World.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-22-2010, 08:07 PM
We've used Disney gift cards on our last 4 trips, and love them!

99% of place take them, and they give you the remaining balance on the receipt, so it is easy to keep track of your spending.

We've used them for DD, so she could have her "own" money, and for us, to help keep the room charging account under control.

Let me know if you have an specific questions.

wdwnomad
02-22-2010, 10:22 PM
I have found them to be very convenient to use. Very few carts don't take them. Some of the places in Downtown Disney (i.e Lego Store) don't either. I always bring a little extra cash with me just in case I need it but I rarely have to.

Another thing I like to do with them is any leftover funds remaining on them at the end of the trip I can use them to apply to my package for the next trip!

Iluvpooh
02-22-2010, 10:25 PM
I save by buying GCs at our local Walgreens. When I get to the resort, I put my CC down for room charges, but I do NOT get express check out and charge my purchases to the room. I then pay the room charges off with the gift cards.
Happy planning and saving!

dizne4me
02-23-2010, 07:18 AM
Are there any of those "monthly service charge" that eat up your balance?

betteratmk
02-23-2010, 07:23 AM
I am planning on going in Dec. and I am trying to save money up for this trip. I was wondering if any one has used the gift cards? Was it easy and did anyone have problems with them? I will be putting money on them once a month hoping to have enough to pay for extras. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

You can add $$ to an existing gift card? How?

Fangorn
02-23-2010, 06:12 PM
Are there any of those "monthly service charge" that eat up your balance?

No.

You can add $$ to an existing gift card? How?

You can add $$ to a gift card at most places where the cards can be purchased over the counter. So you can add to a card at any Disney Store or the shops in the parks. You cannot add to a card on-line or via the phone yet, although the web site hints that this is coming.

Steve