PDA

View Full Version : March vs. June

reztlab
02-21-2010, 08:00 PM
Ok, so several people have really warned me about the heat/humidity/rain/crowds possible in early June. Would mid March be better for these conditions? We would still like to get to a water park. Is it likely to be warm enough?

faline
02-21-2010, 08:04 PM
Mid-March is quite nice. However, it is part of the busy spring break season so it's hard to predict what the crowds will be as they do vary.

reztlab
02-21-2010, 08:07 PM
We have gone in March before and it was fairly crowded. However Easter is not until April 24th next year so I was hoping that might delay the big crowds a bit.

faline
02-21-2010, 08:15 PM
I'd expect at least moderate crowds. The whole period from Presidents day week through Easter week is part of the busy spring break season. You might find a really low crowd level week or a fairly high one based on which school systems are on break and how many of those folks head to Disney for their break.

crazygoalie39
02-21-2010, 10:31 PM
I would take any week, other than the one after x-mas, over one in the summer. I can deal with the crowds, because I can beat them, but I can't deal with the heat. No matter how crowded it would be in March, that's when I would go.

thejens
02-21-2010, 10:32 PM
These are the two times I've been to Disney and I like both. I find both times equally crowded, but get to the parks early and am strategic. March has the flower show, which I love, and June has Star Wars weekends, which my son loves. Both months can have great weather. The water park may be more refreshing in June, but we enjoyed it in April too. It can be hot in June, but we've actually had great weather. If you go in June, you may want to take advantage of the resort pool in the late afternoon. I don't think you can go wrong!

Tink#64
02-21-2010, 11:58 PM
We've done April during Spring Break with no problem, but it was later in the season & many others may have already had their SB's. Early - mid May is fantastic! Weather & crowd levels! But this year we're going early June & hoping for the best! We always take those mid day breaks & hit the pools anyway, so this works best for us this year. I figure we'll manage & we'll have a magical time because we're in WDW!

sainter
02-22-2010, 02:18 PM
We have been both in June and March. I would take March in a heartbeat!
Especially if you are considering next year and Easter is later in April. June was HOT and HUMID. March was warm during the day - warm enough to swim, but cool in the evenings - sometimes needed a sweatshirt or sweater.