PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on June, please.

reztlab
02-21-2010, 03:00 PM
We are thinking about a DW trip and it looks like the first week of June 2011 is going to be the time due to school/work schedules. Our only other trip was mid-March 2008. What can we expect crowd/weather wise beginning of June?

faline
02-21-2010, 03:48 PM
Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

You can expect it to be very hot and humid with the possibility of a daily thunderstorm, some of which can be severe but most of which are short-lived.

Crowds can vary at this time of year but I'd expect moderate to heavy crowds. We were pleasantly surprised duing one early June visit. Enough so, to visit the following year and found crowds heavier than we bargained for!

queenmom9497
02-21-2010, 06:35 PM
Our June visit last year wasn't quite as hot and humid as our August ones had been....but there was plenty of heat and humidty fo sho! Crowds were large but not unmanageable. We can only go in the summer months unfortunately...dh is a schoolteacher with no week long spring breaks at his district! :mad: We may try to squeeze a Thanksgiving trip in this year to see the holiday decor but we are happy with the Summer months. Just drink lots of water, have plenty of powder and deoderant and be prepared to sweat with strangers!

KSingletary
02-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Please keep in mind that "Gay Days" are generally the first weekend in June, (this year June 1-7), there are websites that list the actual dates and schedules. If you are travelling with children and do not want to have to explain things, you might be better to wait a week. Most attending over this time are fine, but there are some who use this as a chance to make a statement. Since Disney does not advertise this, there are many who are unaware of it and there trips were not what they were expecting.

disneyers
02-21-2010, 11:46 PM
We were there the first week of June last year and it was crazy, but we still had a great time! :mickey:

Our previous 2 trips were in March 2008 (Easter = CROWDED) and the 3rd week of December 2008 (perfect!) so June was quite a shocker it was HOT (and this is from a girl who grew up in Houston) like you wouldn't believe and it was SO crowded! In all of our 5 trips to Disney we had never used the "go back to your room in the middle of the day and take a rest and come back right before/ after dinner" strategy, but we did this trip! We had to - it was the only way to survive. :thumbsup: Our children were 5 and 2 at the time.

As far as Gay Days goes, we were there for that. If you are not a participant, it was really a non-issue. I went to the Gay Days website and found out the "chosen" parks for each day (Thursday - Sunday) and made sure to avoid the "chosen" park, because I knew it would be extra crowded. *NOTE: If you are not participating in Gay Days avoid the MK at ALL costs that Saturday. It is the most highly attended of all of the days and will be very crowded.* Honestly, if I hadn't KNOWN it was going on, I would have never known it was going on. There was absolutely NOT one thing I had to "explain to my children."

It is also Star Wars Weekends at DHS. Lots of people love that! :mickey:

Like I said, we had a fantastic time. It was just different from every other trip we've taken. Have a great one!!!!!