PDA

View Full Version : Adding a guest mid trip

Seasonscraps
02-21-2010, 12:44 AM
How would this work?

DH & I are staying at POR for a week. My mother is going to meet us on the 3rd day so we are going to add her as an additional guest when she arrives.

Can she use magical express? (In either direction?)
Can she purchase the meal plan for the days she is there?

I am thinking no to both questions, but I wanted to be sure.

Thanks!

BigRedDad
02-21-2010, 07:08 AM
I was looking into this as well. Unless she is on the reservation, she cannot use Magical Express. She cannot purchase the meal plan either. If she is going to stay in the room with you, she needs to be added to the reservation.

I have heard conflicting reports on this part. It may be possible to have the days she is not there credited back, but there is no way to tell until you get there and talk with a Manager.

DizneyRox
02-21-2010, 08:52 AM
Everything I've read is ALL occupants must purchase the same package (tickets and meal plan). I haven't heard any different, but it never hurts to ask.

And in order to "enjoy" ME, she will need to be on thereservation.

You can break the trip into multiple reservations to get around this, but IMHO, it's a hassle (multiple check-in/check-outs, possible room changes, etc.) and I wouldn't do it.

Seasonscraps
02-21-2010, 09:53 AM
I have read on Intercot that in a situation like this you can add an extra guest at the front desk when they arrive. You have to pay the extra guest fee but that person doesn't have to purchase the same ticket/meal package as everyone else. Is that not true anymore?

LauraSAnne
02-21-2010, 10:47 AM
I ran into a similar situation for my upcoming April trip.

My Husband, my 14 year old brother and Myself are going for 7 days. My mom is also flying down with us and spending the first two days with us at Disney and then for the rest of the time she will be staying with my Aunt who lives 15 minutes away from Disney.

I booked room only through Magical Journeys and they said that my mom could not be partially on the room reservations, so either she has to pay the extra $15/per day for the whole time we're there or not stay at all.

We decided to just pay the $15/per day so that she and my Aunt would have access to the resort for the whole week and so that my Mom could use Magical Express. They didn't really tell me why you can't have people on the reservation for only part of the time. If you're doing any of the plans, this would obviously apply to that as well and probably even more so.

javamama
02-21-2010, 11:35 AM
We've done this the last 2 of 3 years, my sisters come down for only a few days of our trip. They have to pay for the entire stay that were in the room, and the DDP, as for ME they take it every year--no problems at all. Both they're names have been on the reservations so they take it, they usually fly SW so they don't have the luggage option. I think the first year my one sister surprised everyone and flew down, so we bought separate park tkts, and didn't add her to the DDP, since we didn't know she was coming until she was there(she had just had a miscarriage a few weeks earlier so she needed to get away spur of the moment), and it was pretty easy to do it all worked out!