PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone done the hayride & Campfire Singalong at FW?

disnewbie
02-20-2010, 07:08 PM
We've never done this before, but thought it might be a nice way to spend our first evening at Disney World. It looks like there are no reservations needed/accepted for either... So I'm wondering how busy it might be on Sunday, March 14 during Spring Break.

Has anyone done this before? And do you have any advice or input for us?

Also, how do you know which hayrides will have the viewing of the Wishes fireworks? Or is it based on the nights Wishes is showing (meaning you can always see the fireworks as long as it's playing)?

Thank you for any help ~ :)

badkitty
02-20-2010, 08:12 PM
I can tell you a bit about my experience with the wagon ride. My sister and I did the first hayride in Feb (there were two offerings) so we didn't get to stop and see Wishes. The driver indicated that it was up to the driver if they stopped for Wishes and Wishes would have to be performing during the ride. (We came upon the viewing location within the first 10 minutes of the ride.)

The ride was first come first served and cash only unless you were a WDW resort guest in which case you could charge to your room.

It wasn't busy when we went but I would imagine that Spring Break will be different. I would definitely say to arrive before the Hoopdedoo Review lets out since it seemed a lot of the business was walk-up as people passed by the horses and wagon.

We had a blast. Our horses were named Tom and Jerry.

Hope this helps!

buzznwoodysmom
02-20-2010, 08:26 PM
We haven't done the hayride, but we did enjoy the campfire sing along and movie. Our kids loved doing the smores and Chip and Dale arrived and paraded around with the kids. There was music and the lady playing the bango or guitar would play a tune and we'd try to guess what disney song she was playing. It was tons of fun. Then the movie played. It was a very entertaining evening.

Georgesgirl1
02-20-2010, 08:33 PM
DH and I have gone to the campfire several times and have really enjoyed it. The kids who were there seemd to have a blast!
It has a good bit of seating, so I would imagine that even during more crowded times of the year there would be enough seating.

badkitty
02-20-2010, 08:37 PM
I forgot to mention that when we went on the wagon ride, there wasn't actually any hay in the wagon. Just three long benches running lengthwise, one short bench across the front and one short across the back.

Kathy Jetson
02-20-2010, 11:48 PM
We never did the wagon ride but we do the campfire every year ds loves the singalong and roasting marshmellows. Its a nice relaxing evening.

disneyers
02-22-2010, 12:12 AM
The Campfire Sing a Long is a must do every trip for our family! My kids love Chip & Dale.

2 things:

#1 - You can buy a Smores kit from the concession stand for $10. It has everything to keep a family of 4 more than happy. Roasting sticks are an extra $.75. You can bring your own supplies too if you'd like.

#2 - If you want to met both Chip AND Dale you'll need to do some strategic seating. Chip will "work" one area (usually either one side of the benches or the bleachers vs. the benches) and Dale will "work" the area (either the side Chip isn't working or the bleachers if Chip is working the benches, etc.) What we usually do is DH sits in one area and I sit in another and the kids just swap seats after they meet the first chipmunk in the first area. Otherwise you only get to meet the one assigned to your area. They will only greet you if you are seated.

We also enjoy the singing and dancing. Great family fun! We've never stayed for the movie (our kids were always ready for bed) but you could stay for the movie and then watch the Water Electrical Parade & Wishes from the beach and/or the hayride. Have a great trip!!!:mickey:

tys_mommy
02-22-2010, 08:14 AM
We've never done the hayride but our kids loved the campfire singalong - photos at the end of my album here - http://classic.kodakgallery.com/ledmanfamily/camping/epcot_-_monorail_-_campfire_singalong

Kenny1113
02-22-2010, 10:46 AM
We also have done the campfire and it was great! I will also suggest bringing your own smores supplies. I was not prepared and I was shocked at the prices!

ibrowse17
02-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Have never taken the hayride, but the campfire has been a family favorite for years. I agree with bringing your own stuff, and getting there early. Enjoy:thumbsup:

kcrc
02-23-2010, 05:04 PM
We did the campfire on our trip in 7/09. It was great! The kids enjoyed the sing-along before hand, and it was nice to watch the movie. The one thing I would recommend is BUG SPRAY!!! We got EATEN ALIVE that night. It had rained earlier in the day, so I don't know if that was the cause or what. But... just be prepared!!

Wishmaker
02-24-2010, 07:22 AM
I would like to do the hay ride also. It doesn't seem like it is overly popular, which may be a good thing for us, but the campfire is. DD and I are going in May. With this post I think we are going to give the hay ride a try and steer clear of the campfire. :thumbsup:

Kenny1113
02-24-2010, 08:32 AM
We went to the campfire on a fri night in oct several years ago and it was not packed or crowded at all. :)

c&d
02-24-2010, 10:24 AM
When we did the hay ride the driver told us we would be watching the fireworks. We loved it, there were only about 7 people in the wagon and none of us knew about the fireworks until he told us after we started.

I'm sure you can ask one of the drivers which one will stop for the fireworks.