PDA

View Full Version : The drama of an MK view

Septbride2002
02-19-2010, 06:09 PM
:thedolls:

So we are going to TRY and get BLT in a 7 month window with an MK view. I think it would be cool for Chloe who is 4 to be able to say she slept where she could see the castle every night. Not to mention - BEST.MOMMY.EVER.

Then my friend pointed out to me that she may expect this on every trip for at least the next 5 or 6 years......oh-o. We love Boardwalk - it's home.

So that got me thinking - should I just skip the MK view, go for the lake view and hit Top of the Lounge often, not to mention the bridge going over to the tower. Or will she eventually get over not have Cindy's place right outside her window?

Your Thoughts?

~Amanda

SBETigg
02-19-2010, 07:42 PM
I would go for the view. I think she will have fond memories of the time you stayed with a view of the castle, and I don't think it will turn into expecting it every time. You sound excited to be able to be there with her, too, so I can't imagine not taking the chance to go for it. :mickey:

bouncer
02-19-2010, 08:09 PM
Just do it. :thumbsup:Yes she will be addicted to the view but so will you. I love sitting in my bed at the Polynesian watching wishes and then the castle changing colors till I drift to sleep. The first thing I do in the morning is get up to look at the castle and the monorail driving near it and steam rising up from the lake & trees. :cloud9: 286 more days to wait...till I have a nightlite the size of a castle.

Mousemates
02-19-2010, 10:45 PM
not doing something because it would be so special that a child would want to do it over and again seems to be an odd way of thinking to me. I'd say go for it.

disneyboundagain
02-19-2010, 10:59 PM
GO FOR IT!! She will love it, but I wouldn't be so quick to say she will expect it. My DD loved laying in bed and watching the fireworks above the castle. She is 6 now, and after being fortunate enough to stay in a MK view room 4 times, it is no big deal to her.

I went on 1 vacation over the first 25 years of my life. Our kids have no idea how spoiled they are!!

BrerGnat
02-20-2010, 04:30 PM
not doing something because it would be so special that a child would want to do it over and again seems to be an odd way of thinking to me. I'd say go for it.

I agree with this. Kids want to do a LOT of stuff "over and over again", but that shouldn't stop you from doing it! In the future, you can remind your child that she cannot have everything she wants all the time. That's part of life. She has to learn it. You can't shelter her from every disappointment that comes her way.

Go for the view. It's glorious! And, at her age, it will be SO magical and special. As she gets older, she will appreciate the other hotels and views, don't worry.

tnpoohbear
02-22-2010, 01:32 PM
In Feb 2009 we stayed at the Grand Floridian and I got the MK view. It was more expensive but I wanted to try it. It was so lovely! We could sit out on the little terrace and watch wishes, plus our room was right next to the boat dock so we also got to hear the music! Since we were right by the water we also had ring side seats for the nightly water parade. I do not know if I would do it again (because of the extra cost) but we sure did enjoy this time!:mickey:

BeccaO
02-24-2010, 09:45 AM
I say GO FOR IT!!!! You will love it!!! After we stayed at the GF for years in the main building concierge floor, we decided to try the Theme Park View 1 year, and we absolutely LOVED it!!!!! We slept every night with the balcony door opened and we were right along the water. The sounds of the goings on at the MK can not be beat!!!! It was the most amazing trip just because of that!!! We also had a front row seat of the water pagaent each night.