PDA

View Full Version : Room charges to different CC's?

BigRedDad
02-19-2010, 11:06 AM
This might go to Accommodations, but I figured I would start it here. Is it possible to have room charges for different room keys to go to different credit cards?

faline
02-19-2010, 11:28 AM
I understand it is possible but that not all cast members know how to do it.

faline
02-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Instructions in this thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=163092&highlight=separate+cards).

g8rgirl29
02-19-2010, 11:32 AM
I was told it couldn't be done when we were at OKW in Jan.

CleveRocks
02-20-2010, 12:07 AM
I was told it couldn't be done when we were at OKW in Jan.This is a very common error. In the link provided above, please pay close attention to the posts written by TheRustyScupper.

TheRustyScupper
02-20-2010, 11:35 AM
1) Every room key with charging can be tied to a different credit card.
2) Those arriving at same time or even later can tie their key to their own credit card.
3) Have them ask for a "SHARE" when they check-in. (Use this specific word.)
4) If CM doesn't know how, ask them to check the Front Desk Manual.

Example:
Mom and daughter in same room.
Mom can have her room key tied to the mother's MasterCard for mother's purchases.
Daughter can have her room key tied to the daughter's VISA for daughter's purchases.

Process:
. . . mom checks in, with her credit card, just as usual and gets room #1212
. . . daughter tells Front Desk CM this is a "SHARE" room
. . . daughter must use this exact phrase, as it has special meaning
. . . daughter checks-in using her credit card and gets a virtual room #1212a
. . . repeat for as many credit cards room people want to use
. . . mother and daughter (and others) purchases now go to individual credit cards
. . . one or both could pay a part of the room bill
. . . the 1st to check-in gets charges for phones or room service (system glitch)
. . . this can be done for as many room keys that have charge privileges

NOTE: If the Front Desk refuses, ask for the Front Desk Adviser (FSA). If the Adviser refuses, ask for a manager. If the manager refuses, ask for the Guest Services Manager (GSM). The magic words, are "I will go as high up the chain as I have to go in order to get what is in your own Procedure Manual." Managers get dinged if a complaint goes above their level. Also, using terms like SHARE and FSA get attention, because employees realize that you know what you are talking about. If the CM is in doubt, print out this post and take it with you to show.

BigRedDad
02-20-2010, 11:51 AM
Thank you Rusty Scupper. I am going to print this out and take it just in case. I know we cna sort it out ourselves, but that is one more thing to worry about while on vacation.

g8rgirl29
02-20-2010, 04:15 PM
Thanks Rusty!!! We have been refused this on 2 separate trips so I too am going to print this out for future use!!

TheRustyScupper
02-21-2010, 04:08 PM
Thanks Rusty!!! We have been refused this on 2 separate trips so I too am going to print this out for future use!!

1) If you get refused again, please post.
2) We can check into it.