PDA

View Full Version : Slow times @ WDW after Labor Day?

KevMcNJ
02-18-2010, 09:17 PM
Havent been here in a while.

Lifes been getting in the way lately

We should actually be in WDW right now but

things came up and we never made the reservations

We 're talking of a quick trip down in the Fall after all the schools re-open.

It will be just Mrs KevMcNj & I so we are flexible about when we can go

So when Is it slowest at WDW in the fall?

BigRedDad
02-19-2010, 07:09 AM
Slowest is typically September. However, if they offer Free Dining, people flock to it like vultures.

mickeys_princess_mom
02-19-2010, 07:13 AM
Right after Labor Day is one of our favorite times because it usually drops way off during that week. Many schools are just getting under way, and most are not wanting to miss those first few days....

Ms. Mode
02-19-2010, 10:08 AM
I think mid-October would be a great time to visit:mickey:

faline
02-19-2010, 10:52 AM
September is a great time to go. In October, crowds inch up a bit particularly around the Food & Wine Festival but is still very manageable.

PlutoPlanet
02-19-2010, 12:19 PM
We preferred mid October to September. The weather is a bit cooler.

ryca1dreams
02-20-2010, 09:31 AM
Slowest is typically September. However, if they offer Free Dining, people flock to it like vultures.

Count me as one of the vultures. However, I thought September was very manageable, but still hot. We normally go in October now.

LiloLovesTheKing26
02-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I have gone the week of Labor day every September for the last 7 years and even with free dining it is still the best time of year to go as far as crowds go. Usually Monday - Labor day there is a huge drop in crowds (except magic kingdom I would wait until Tues or Wed for that park) It's a GREAT time of year to go. We went the Labor day week and the 1st week of December this year and that was a pretty great week to go too!! It was in the 70's and 80's every day except our last day it was like 60. Only downfall to Sept is it can still be VERY hot!!

GloMonkey
02-20-2010, 08:15 PM
I think mid-October would be a great time to visit:mickey:

I'm a DL vet, never been to WDW. Does WDW go all out for Halloween like DL? Do crowds pick way up for Halloween? IN Anaheim, the parks get pretty darn busy once HMH opens up in Sept and keep building until Hallowen. How about MK do they do the HM overlay for Halloween?

TheVBs
02-21-2010, 05:07 PM
Right after Labor Day is a great time to visit! :thumbsup: It used to be our preferred time before our oldest started school. Now we'll probably shoot for an early Oct. trip.