PDA

View Full Version : alone in wdw

nemo'smom
02-18-2010, 01:12 PM
Me and my boyfriend will be heading that way in about 2 weeks for a conference and we are going to be staying at the swan. During the day he will be in the conference (its like 7-5) and I will be by my self. I was wondering if ya'll could help me out and tell what all I could do during the day. I am planning on going to the pool ( hopefully the weather is nice enough) and maybe going to the boardwalk but not really sure of anything else. Thank you for all the help. I can't wait

Tia

:mickey:

caryrae
02-18-2010, 01:56 PM
Are you going to do any Parks by yourself or with BF or no Parks at all? There's always Downtown Disney or a water park maybe. You will get a lot of help here as you know.

faline
02-18-2010, 02:21 PM
I'd just do what I would normally do and hit the parks!

nemo'smom
02-18-2010, 03:46 PM
We are going to be going to Epcot on Fri after he is finished but thats not until 4 ish. So I was just curious what I could do to take up time, since I will be all by myself.

PlutoToo
02-18-2010, 06:56 PM
Hop a bus and check out DTD. Check out the theming at some of the other resorts. Most of all. Have fun.

LVT
02-18-2010, 09:27 PM
I will be girly and say that to do my guys a favor I shop when left alone. This frees them from the duty of tagging along.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-18-2010, 09:56 PM
:thumbsup:I'm going to jump this post over to Vacation Planning, where you'll get tons of ideas!

If it was me, I would go to the parks, and just do the rides and attractions that I love to do, without having to worry about what anyone else wants

forever a child
02-18-2010, 10:03 PM
If you dont want to do the parks then I would visit resorts.:mickey:

Genie1953
02-18-2010, 11:56 PM
I would visit all the other resorts and spend some time at Downtown Disney. On our upcoming trip I have 2 days alloted to visit all the resorts and can't wait....have only seen them from the monorail and many others I have not seen at all so should be great fun!

nemo'smom
02-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Thanks for all the help. You all have given me alot of fun ideas now I am ready to go and it can't get here fast enough.:cloud9:

DCDisney
02-19-2010, 05:04 PM
First, look around Intercot, there are many tales of people travelling solo to WDW.

Right off the top of my head ... go for a spa treatment. There's a spa at Grand Floridian, another at Saratoga Springs, and maybe one at Coranado Springs (someone will correct me if I'm wrong on these). The spa at the Grand Floridian also has a gym, that you can use during the day of any spa treatment. It also had a large jacuzzi for relaxing.

Yes, do hop on the busses and explore Downtown Disney and other resorts. If you don't want to dine alone, seek out counter service (there are lots of them at resorts) or food courts, and then pick out some nice spot to sit, dine, and people watch.

The time will fly until your BF returns, you'll see.

Jennifer_and_Chris
02-19-2010, 10:31 PM
I agree with many others... if you are not going to parks, I would go resort hopping and DD for shopping and eating!

You could also just enjoy Disney transportation... Hop on a boat and see whre it takes you. Many boats go to several desitnations. Who knows where you'll end up!

Bear
02-21-2010, 08:44 AM
I went by myself last October and LOVED IT!!! I did everything you would normally do in Disney. I met and chatted with so many people. The best part is you get to make all the decisions. Eating alone can be uncomfortable at times but I found that sitting at the "bar" and eating was tons of fun! When you're alone the bartenders tend to be "instant friends". Loved eating at the bar in 50's Prime Time Cafe! I am usually in Disney with my husband and 3 kids. Going on a vacation completely alone was just something I always wanted to do. I would do it again for sure! Sooooooo relaxing! You will have fun!

kemps@wdw
02-26-2010, 10:56 PM
As much as I LOVE being w/my family in WDW, I think I would enjoy solo time @ the World as well. Single rider lines are usually alot quicker. I would do everything I would do w/family, but just at a faster pace. Then I would just stop...and "smell the roses". Maybe, some resort hopping. Probably eat at some of the places I know DH and DD don't like, but I've always wanted to try.