PDA

View Full Version : Last Minute Trip to Disney World

DisneyEpcotDad
02-17-2010, 06:21 PM
:mickey: Epcot Dad had planned trip to New Orleans starting on 12 February. Airline flight was cancelled so I went into "where can I go mode" to escape snow of Midwest. Quick call to DW gained a room at WL for 3 nights to take place of New Orleans trip. Booked a flight to depart Midwest on 13 Feb and return on 16 Feb.
Did all 4 parks and Downtown Disney, plus toured several hotels. Did Stunt Show, American Idol, Movie Ride, Animation Tour, and Block Party at HS. Spaceship Earth, Honey I shrunk Audience, Spaceship Earth, Soarin (fastpass), American Adventure, and World Showcase at Epcot, plus of course Illuminations. Pirates, 4 D Film, People Mover, Wishes, Spectramagic, Hall of Presidents at Magical Kingdom. Safari Ride (fastpass), Dinosaur (first time in over 10 years), It's tough to be a bug, at Animal Kingdom. Did more attractions in 3 days than I've done in past 2 years. Weather was in high 50s with one day of 69, but sunny most of time. Enjoyed the quick unplanned getaway. WL was as great as ever! Crowds were not too large. Longest wait was 30 minutes for Dinosaur without a fast pass. Did Boma, Fulton Crab house (first time) Whispering Canyon (waiters/waitresses were pretty mild this time) Cheerleaders were otu in mass at Hollywood Studios and closed down Indiana Jones for the competition one day while I was there. Great time for a trip planned at the last second. :mickey:

faline
02-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Sorry your trip to New Orleans didn't work out! Sounds like Disney was a great idea! Glad you enjoyed it!

KylesMom
02-18-2010, 09:09 AM
Now that's some quick planning - a nice alternative to your original destination. I'm glad you were able to see & do so much on your whirlwind tour! :mickey: