PDA

View Full Version : Safety of Walmart late at night?

Dream'nDisney
02-17-2010, 02:52 PM
We were going be near the Walmart at 4444 West Vine in Kissimmee late at night the day after we arrive, and was wondering if this would be safe late at night to purchase grocery items for our trip?

Dream'nDisney
02-26-2010, 10:32 AM
...or any other suggestions on a good place to get groceries late at night would be appreciated.

MarkC
02-26-2010, 11:35 AM
There is a SuperTarget about 5 miles from Disney that my wife has been to a couple of times. Its been fine and we're planning on going there again in July. You can google it or go to Target.com and get the address. Haven't been to Walmart as my wife likes Target better.

As for anyplace, the later it gets just be aware of your surroundings. You'll be fine.

Dream'nDisney
02-28-2010, 11:01 AM
5 minutes away sounds good! Thanks

GrumpySue
02-28-2010, 07:20 PM
Go to GardenGrocer.com and order what you need ahead of time and have it delivered to your room. They are really great, have used them a few times.

Dream'nDisney
03-01-2010, 12:50 PM
I think we are going to use GardenGrocer.com after all. We used them before, but we thought we were going to need a rental car the day after we arrive, so we thought we would just get groceries then. Now, it looks like we don't need a car, so online shopping it is!! Thank you. I have heard a few bad reports about GardenGrocer, but we had wonderful service from them before. I hope that will be the case again this time. :mickey:

gmgdisneymom
03-03-2010, 03:18 PM
we have been to the walmart that you are talking about - we go there when we camp in our rv and pull in the night before - load up and leave inthe morning (it is a camping thing) anyway - it has never been a problem

Dream'nDisney
03-03-2010, 08:19 PM
Thank you. I will keep it in mind if we change our plans.

RBrooksC
03-04-2010, 09:18 AM
I would never say any Wal*Mart is unsafe late at night. It isn't any less safe than any other place in the late night.

However, you find much more colorful people at Wal*Mart after Midnight.

joonyer
03-04-2010, 02:38 PM
Wal-Marts are much more dangerous on the morning after Thanksgiving than they are late at night. :D They are also much less crowded late at night.