PDA

View Full Version : ATM question

GoDuke#1
02-17-2010, 01:10 PM
Since we're staying for 8 days, I hate to travel with so much $ and / or travelers checks, so we're thinking of just using debit card. does anyone know what the charge is for using one at the atms? also if we just use it every 2/3 days to get cash it might be cheaper than using travelers checks (my bank charges 25.00 for every 1,000)
Just wondering opinions.

thanks for the help!:mickey:

SBETigg
02-17-2010, 01:19 PM
Travelers checks, wow. I didn't think many people used them anymore. You can access ATMs in select areas of parks, even in resorts. I do believe there's a usage fee, probably a few dollars (I don't recall if it's $2 or $3.50). The best bet might be to set up charging to your room, and then you can carry very little to no cash and just use your room key to charge. It's very handy for us. They do it with credit cards or debit cards, and you can set a spending limit if you want. If you lose it, you can cut off spending to it right away through guest services. You can also check your balance at the resort desk as often as you want and pay it down whenever you wish. If you're staying at a WDW resort, that is.

BigRedDad
02-17-2010, 01:26 PM
I only take about $100 cash. We charge everything back to the room. It is much easier to manage that way. We don't have to worry about losing cash. I think you can also set limits on your children's room keys as well.