PDA

View Full Version : Give a day, get a day fast pass?

GoDuke#1
02-17-2010, 01:07 PM
Just wondering, if you use your free volunteer tix for the fast pass, it states you can get 1 fast pass and use for 5 guests? if i have one for each of us (there are 3 of us), can i get one for a different park (total of 3 diff parks, since 5 can be used for 1 pass?):confused:

BigRedDad
02-17-2010, 01:28 PM
I believe so. I think it is a FP for the holder and up to 5 guests. So, if your 4 people in the family did the GAD, get a FP on different days from each person.

Dream'nDisney
02-17-2010, 02:27 PM
That is what we are going to do! Since we are going in June, the FP's will be more valuable than a 1 day MYW Ticket becuase of the crowds. :mickey:

GoDuke#1
02-17-2010, 02:55 PM
Thanks so much for your help. That's how I thought I'd interpret it and I just wanted to make sure. We already have a 5 day ph pass from a trip we were unable to keep and some days left from a previous trip so I think this will be better than the 1 day ticket. Now if we could only know what attractions the fast pass is good for.....:)

Dream'nDisney
02-17-2010, 05:52 PM
I know there is information on it; perhaps on the Give a Day Get a Day link on Disney's website?? I remember seeing the attractions.... or maybe it was a post here showing what was available last year during the birthday celebration?? I'm sure someone will be along soon to answer this question.

dmallan
02-17-2010, 06:25 PM
There are "Donald" and "Daisy" attractions. You get to choose any 3 donald and any 3 daisy.
You can get three for the same attraction or all different.
This is a list I found:
Magic Kingdom
Donald: Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Peter Pan's Flight, Space Mountain, Splash Mountain
Daisy: Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin, Jungle Cruise, Mickey's PhilharMagic, Stitch's Great Escape!
Epcot
Donald: Soarin', Test Track
Daisy: Honey, I Shrunk the Audience, Living with the Land, Maelstrom, Mission: SPACE
Disney's Hollywood Studios
Donald: Rock N Roller Coaster, Toy Story Midway Mania, Twilight Zone Tower of Terror
Daisy: Lights Motors Action Extreme Stunt Show, Star Tours, Voyage of The Little Mermaid
Animal Kingdom
Donald: Expedition Everest, Kilimanjaro Safaris
Daisy: Dinosaur, It's Tough to Be a Bug, Kali River Rapids

dmallan
02-17-2010, 06:28 PM
One thing I forgot to add is that the FP can be used immediately. There is no return time.

georger
02-19-2010, 05:57 AM
So you are saying for each person that volunteers they get fast passes for any 3 Donald or any 3 Daisy attractions? So a family of four could earn 12 fast passes?

dmallan
02-20-2010, 09:00 PM
For each person who volunteers you get a voucher. The voucher will get you FP cards for up to 5 people in your party for one day. Each FP card is good for 3 donald and 3 daisy attractions.

So... if you have 4 people in your family who volunteer, you will have 4 vouchers, each good for a different day.

I'm not sure I'm explaining that well - does it make sense?

My DH and I each volunteered so we have 2 vouchers. We plan to use one at Epcot and one at DHS. We'll each get a FP card at both parks.

I did read of someone's experience with trying to use two vouchers in one day - at different parks. They had four vouchers and we're only going to be there for 2 days, so they wanted to double up. But they weren't able to do it - one voucher per day.

AndrewJackson
02-20-2010, 09:15 PM
So you are saying for each person that volunteers they get fast passes for any 3 Donald or any 3 Daisy attractions? So a family of four could earn 12 fast passes?

Yes, each person that has a voucher for a free ticket could use it for the special fast pass instead. However, when you print one of the fastpasses using the special exchange card, it is good for 6 people. So you really would not need each person to get a special exchange card. Rather, you should use one on each day you go to the parks.

MidnTPK
02-23-2010, 02:37 PM
I'm planning to get my wife, sister, BIL, and nieces and nephew to participate with me in a give-a-day volunteer activity. We plan to use the tickets to get the FPs rather than the free day.

Do I need to register everybody separately on the GAD system? I'm worried that if we all volunteer as one or two groups, we'd be on one 'GAD' certificate, so we'd only be able to get the FPs for one day, instead of using them for separate days at separate parks.

The way I'd like to do it, on day one I'd get the FP+5 for the MK. On day two my BIL would get the FP+5 for Epcot...day three my wife gets the FP+5 at AK...etc. I know we all need to be present to get FPs for all members of the travelling party.

MidnTPK
02-23-2010, 02:41 PM
I'm planning to get my wife, sister, BIL, and nieces and nephew to participate with me in a give-a-day volunteer activity. We plan to use the tickets to get the FPs rather than the free day.

Do I need to register everybody separately on the GAD system? I'm worried that if we all volunteer as one or two groups, we'd be on one 'GAD' certificate, so we'd only be able to get the FPs for one day, instead of using them for separate days at separate parks.

The way I'd like to do it, on day one I'd get the FP+5 for the MK. On day two my BIL would get the FP+5 for Epcot...day three my wife gets the FP+5 at AK...etc. I know we all need to be present to get FPs for all members of the travelling party.

MidnTPK
02-23-2010, 02:43 PM
Just found this thread. Please respond there. I've asked for this one to be closed.

ibelieveindisneymagic
02-23-2010, 03:01 PM
I just merged the two threads together, so all information can be in one place.

Tick-Tock
02-24-2010, 11:10 AM

MY DH and I volunteered together, as one group in the system, and each got our own separate certificate with only the one name on it.

MidnTPK
02-24-2010, 11:23 AM
MY DH and I volunteered together, as one group in the system, and each got our own separate certificate with only the one name on it.

Thanks.

georger
02-24-2010, 04:38 PM
Our plan is to do this for our upcoming October trip!

NoDramaMama
03-05-2010, 08:28 AM
Are the Fast Passes Transferrable? I mean, transferrable within your party once you have it.

I guess what I'm asking is, we may want to split up while were are there. If I get a FP for say, Epcot, and there are certain attractions I do not want to go on (Mission:Space, for example - I have bad vertigo, can't handle it, and 4 year old is too short to ride anyway), can I give the FP to the rest of the family and they can still go without me? Is it just a generic FP that gets activated the first time you use it and then it's good the entire day for whatever park you're in? Do the same 6 people have to go on the attractions or if you have a party of larger than 6, can some go on one attraction and some on the others? Does the person whose name the FP is in for that day have to be on the ride?

And do you get them all on the same day? We will have 5 people, 4 vouchers...will you just get handed a stack of them? Could we give one to our friends who will be here from Europe and aren't able to volunteer domestically? I would be willing to share one with them- am I able to do that since I worked for it. I understand that *technically* they aren't transferrable (the vouchers FOR the Fast Passes), but once I get the FP in my hands and am inside the park, is there anything preventing me from handing it to my friend for her family to use that day? They will only be at the parks for 2 days and it would be nice to have one day where we had a FP for each family. Can 2 of us redeem our vouchers on the same day for the same park or no?

NoDramaMama
03-05-2010, 08:32 AM
For each person who volunteers you get a voucher. The voucher will get you FP cards for up to 5 people in your party for one day. Each FP card is good for 3 donald and 3 daisy attractions.

So... if you have 4 people in your family who volunteer, you will have 4 vouchers, each good for a different day.

I'm not sure I'm explaining that well - does it make sense?

My DH and I each volunteered so we have 2 vouchers. We plan to use one at Epcot and one at DHS. We'll each get a FP card at both parks.

I did read of someone's experience with trying to use two vouchers in one day - at different parks. They had four vouchers and we're only going to be there for 2 days, so they wanted to double up. But they weren't able to do it - one voucher per day.

So, based on this- if we wanted to split up- and my Husband wanted to go to AK with the boys while I was in MK with the girls on the same day, we couldn't? Are they somehow linked together as a family?

I guess I'm not understanding it well. If my DH volunteers and gets a voucher, and so do I...he isn't able to go to one park and activate his while I go to another park and activate another one? Is it one voucher, per traveling party, per day?

Dream'nDisney
03-05-2010, 10:30 PM
You should be able to do that. Each person who signs up to volunteer gets their own fastpass to use with up to four additional guests.

dmallan
03-08-2010, 07:09 PM
I would think you could each go to a different park on the same day.
From what I understand one entire party can't go to two parks on the same day - even with two different vouchers.

But if you split up and you are each using your own voucher that shouldn't be a problem. The only thing is you aren't making the best use of it, since you could be using that voucher for up to six people.