PDA

View Full Version : Intercot Fantasy Baseball League 2010

DizneyFreak2002
02-17-2010, 11:12 AM
The last few years we have had a very fun and competitve fantasy baseball league, which I have hosted a few times... Well, spring training is upon us, which means the leagues will be opening soon... So, of course, I was going to open another league... However, I want to know how you all feel about an automatic draft instead of a live draft... it is difficult to find a day and time for everyone to be present... And I like to be fair when we draft our teams... To me, an auto-draft is pretty fair since the computer picks your teams for you, you just make a few adjustments to tweak your team... However, I'll run the league as you all want it... We have to make sure, as always, the league is fun for everyone..

The Reservoir Dog
02-17-2010, 11:23 AM
I have joined in the last couple of years or so but have been fairly frustrated with the "rotisserie" league option.

I have played the Hockey & Basketball on a "head to head" league and found that more fun.

Would the Intercot League still be on the "rotisserie" option?

Ms. Mode
02-17-2010, 11:44 AM
I want to play...what are the rules?

DizneyFreak2002
02-17-2010, 03:46 PM
I have joined in the last couple of years or so but have been fairly frustrated with the "rotisserie" league option.

I have played the Hockey & Basketball on a "head to head" league and found that more fun.

Would the Intercot League still be on the "rotisserie" option?

I am open to any and all sugestions... I wouldn't mind trying a head to head league this year... Have you done head to head baseball leagues before?? How do you feel a baseball league would be if it were head to head???

DizneyFreak2002
02-17-2010, 03:49 PM
I want to play...what are the rules?

Basically, it is run like any other baseball fantasy league.. We have had it run rotisserie style, which means you gain points depending what place you are in per stat category... I have usually set the draft close to the start of the season, usually a weekend since weekends tend to be good for mostly everyone... Basically, it is a fun league with some great fellow Intercot members...

DizneyFreak2002
02-17-2010, 03:52 PM
By the way, if you are interested in participating this year, please acknowledge so in this thread... That way I know how many teams we'll have... We average 10-12 teams a year, but last year, I think we struggled to get 10...

And also, any ideas for the league, please feel free to post them here or PM me... I am open to any and all suggestions to help make this league better...

The Reservoir Dog
02-18-2010, 05:04 AM
I am open to any and all sugestions... I wouldn't mind trying a head to head league this year... Have you done head to head baseball leagues before?? How do you feel a baseball league would be if it were head to head???

I've not played head to head on the Baseball but have with Hockey & Basketball.

This is what it says in the rules section.

Are you ready to set up your own Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball league that will show your friends what a great team manager you’d be? Yahoo! gives you several types of games and leagues to choose from—including Head-to-Head, the most popular option. In a Head-to-Head League, your team competes against another manager's team to see who can compile the best statistics across various categories. Head-to-head scoring is available for both Public and Custom Leagues. All Public Leagues use the same default settings, while Custom League commissioners can specify a number of settings, including roster size and stat categories.

Every Monday you start a new weekly matchup, consisting of a set number of games based on your league's statistical categories. Each stat category counts as one game, with the win going to the team that finishes the week with the highest total in that category (the cumulative total through Sunday's game).

Say, for example, your team hit more home runs than your opponent's. You’d be credited with a victory for that week. However, if your opponent's team ended the week with more saves than your team, you would be charged with a loss. If the two teams end up tied in a given category, each would get credit for a tied game.

Each weekly win-loss total is added to the cumulative season record, which is then used to determine team standings and playoff seedings. Standings are based on your team's overall winning percentage, which is calculated by taking your win total and adding half of your tie total and dividing the sum by the total number of games your team has played.

DizneyFreak2002
02-18-2010, 12:10 PM
Football and basketball, I play head to head... Never played baseball head to head though... Maybe we'll give it a shot this year to see how it goes...

barnaby
02-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Count me in.

DizneyFreak2002
03-03-2010, 07:26 PM
League is established... Click the link below to join.. Password is intercot...

http://baseball.fantasysports.yahoo.com/league/intercotsfunleague2008

The Reservoir Dog
03-04-2010, 11:54 AM
Unable to access via the link.

What's the league id number?

Thanks

DizneyFreak2002
03-04-2010, 06:23 PM
Unable to access via the link.

What's the league id number?

Thanks

Ok, sorry about that...

League ID: 377271
League Passowrd: intercot

if anyone else has problems, please let me know...

DizneyFreak2002
03-07-2010, 11:46 AM
Plenty of space still available for the 2010 Intercot fantasy baseball league... Join today and I can set a date for the draft....

DizneyFreak2002
03-09-2010, 07:08 PM
Just another reminder: The Intercot Fantasy Baseball League is now open... Sign up information is available in the post above... The league is set up for 12 teams, we have only 3 signed up so far.... If you are interested, please sign up as soon as possible, thatw ay the draft can take place... Season starts in a few weeks...

Eric87
03-13-2010, 11:46 AM
I'm in...........again. I really like we are going the head to head route especially if we are auto drafting.:thumbsup:

DizneyFreak2002
03-14-2010, 11:25 AM
Well, the season starts in 3 weeks, we only have 4 teams... I cannot set the draft to begin yet... The league has room for 12 teams, so there are still 8 spots left... If you are interested, please feel free to join.. The sooner the better...

WDWfanatic742
03-14-2010, 08:17 PM
If you still need more people to join in a few days, feel free to message me. I'm generally not into fantasy baseball nearly as much as fantasy football but I could give it a shot if you need more teams.

Greenlawler
03-14-2010, 11:46 PM
I am in,

I would much rather do the live draft...The draft will auto for those not there anyways.

Mackflava99
03-17-2010, 03:10 PM
i just signed up

DizneyFreak2002
03-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Thanks for all those who have signed up... we have 6 teams with 6 more spots left open... if we wind up with an odd number of teams, the schedules will be off since this is head to head... If you all don't mind, then I will run the league with an odd number of teams if we wind up that way... Looks like we may not have 12 teams unless there is a rush this week...

As for the draft, the idea of having an auto draft is so that no one has to be online at a certain time... Spring is in the air, people will want to spend time outside in the fresh air after this nasty winter... Some people have family, and they may want to be out... I do not think it is fair if 4 of us draft live and the rest have the computer pick for them... Doing an auto draft for everyone levels the playing field I feel...

Once the draft is set and teams picked, you can then, by waiver wire order, make moves, dropping who you want to drop and picking up who you want to pick up... The good thing about having possibly only 6 teams is there will be plenty of good players NOT being drafted... Unless I inrease the roster size, which I really do not want to do... The rosters are already set to 22 players...

DizneyFreak2002
03-19-2010, 11:23 PM
We now have 7 teams in the league, which means... I cannot set the draft... We need an even number of teams... We do have 8 votes here in this poll though.. so if someone else is interested, please sign up before Sunday... I would like to set the draft date so teams can have a fair chance to make some roster moves before the season opens on April 4th.....

WDWfanatic742
03-20-2010, 10:41 AM
DizneyFreak,

Give me a shout on pm if you don't have an 8th by tonight.

DizneyFreak2002
03-20-2010, 11:41 AM
DizneyFreak,

Give me a shout on pm if you don't have an 8th by tonight.

Will do.. :)

Mackflava99
03-21-2010, 10:50 AM
i think we have 8 now

DizneyFreak2002
03-21-2010, 11:54 AM
i think we have 8 now

We do... I was hoping for 12, but 8 will do... I set the draft status for ready... Not sure when the draft will run, but check back daily... The Yahoo computer system determines draft order and executes the draft on its own.... The waiver wire wait period is two days....

So, it begins... Let's have fun... Good luck everybody!!!!

DizneyFreak2002
03-23-2010, 07:35 PM
As an update: the draft is complete... Players on waiver wire are available on March 24.... And we have our first trade pending... Good luck everyone!!!