PDA

View Full Version : First single trip--where to dine?

beksy
02-16-2010, 10:23 PM
I made the leap and decided to make a solo trip to Disney. Now that the decision is made, I can hardly wait to start making ADRs! This is a new experience for me, though, since I've never eaten solo at Disney (it doesn't bother me at other places so I'm not worried). So, where would you suggest going or definitely avoiding as a solo? I will eat about anything and am looking at 1 TS meals. I was wondering if O'hana is a good experience alone or if it is better with a group? Any ideas are appreciated! :thumbsup:

Disney4us2
02-17-2010, 12:31 AM
I would just go with your favorites. Is there any new places you have been thinking of trying out?

Have a fun trip:mickey:

ryca1dreams
02-17-2010, 08:00 AM
I would think Ohana would be tough on your own, but I've only been there once, so what do I know.

I've been to Boma and Grand Floridian Cafe solo. Boma was nice.

But I agree - go with your favorites.

Ms. Mode
02-17-2010, 08:21 AM
If you've eaten solo before and it doesn't bother you, then I agree with the two previous post: go to your favorites and if there's some place you have wanted to try but haven't (maybe because your party wasn't into it) go for it :mickey: The skies the limit...have fun!

beksy
02-17-2010, 09:01 AM
I've been thinking about Boma because the others won't try it but I'm debating between it and Sanaa (they wouldn't go for it either). I think I've decided to go to WCC because my sister doesn't like it and I enjoy watching the interaction and I want to try Marakeesh. Is it similar to Boma or Sanaa? :confused:

Scar
02-17-2010, 10:01 AM
When I'm eating alone, I like to sit at the bar. It doesn't feel as lonely and you can talk to the bartender if it's not too busy. I started a thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=162867) a while back trying to make a list of the restaurants that had bars.

ryca1dreams
02-17-2010, 01:50 PM
I think Marrakesh is probably closer to Sanaa because it is a la carte whereas Boma is a (very good) buffet. Moroccan in general is probably similar to general African in some ways.

I have not been to Sanaa and 15 years since I've been to Marrakesh. I'm only looking at menus - sorry I'm not much help.

megustamex
02-17-2010, 02:57 PM
Sanaa has great food and excellent service, so I think you'd have a great experience. The tables are set up very cozy and quiet, so I think you would feel comfortable there alone.
The new tequila bar at Mexico would be great solo. Sit at the bar, the bartenders are super friendly and the margaritas are top notch. The apps looked good too but we didn't get a chance to try them - next time. It is a very small, lively place.

megustamex
02-17-2010, 03:01 PM
You could always do Germany if you want to meet /be seated with other people. You will be seated at a communal table for 10.

faline
02-17-2010, 03:02 PM
Biergarten in Epcot and Teppan Edo, also in Epcot where you are seated at group tables. The bar at California Grill is also a possibility.

beksy
02-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Thanks for the link Scar and to everyone else for all the advice! :tiphat:

Scar
02-17-2010, 08:29 PM
The new tequila bar at Mexico would be great solo. Sit at the bar, the bartenders are super friendly and the margaritas are top notch.When I was there in October, there were no seats at the bar, only "belly up".

MOJoe
02-18-2010, 11:39 AM
The bar at California Grill is also a possibility.

That's the first place i thought of. Enjoy!

PlutoPlanet
02-18-2010, 12:38 PM
What about the Biergarten at EPCOT? You sit with other people at a table for 8.